The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I took a picture of you today snyder!!
Attached Images

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 05-01-2011, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bahahaha who the heck does that guy think he is? A fireman at 911?

There is NO EXCUSE for a trimmer strap unless you have only 1 arm.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Dude got gloves on as well. Where is his safety helmet ha ha.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How come LCO never have any employees that actually know how to use a weedeater?
Old 05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Pride View Post
Bahahaha who the heck does that guy think he is? A fireman at 911?

There is NO EXCUSE for a trimmer strap unless you have only 1 arm.
I agree 100%. I use a Damn stihl fs-250 all day without a strap. Heaven forbid build up some muscle lmao.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agape View Post
I took a picture of you today snyder!!
WTH, that's a stick edger....it's got a wheel on it...so what the hell is the strap for if the ground is already supporting it? And it doesn't look like there's any fuel in it either and there's a woman, a little kid and a dog right there...guess none of them can read the warning on his back, lol.

I think those warnings come on all the straps now. It's the manufacturers covering their tails...the result of some lawsuit I'm sure.

If you're using a string trimmer for an extended period, a strap really can reduce fatigue. And again, if you're using a bike handlebar-type trimmer you pretty much have to use a strap or harness.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
WTH, that's a stick edger....it's got a wheel on it...so what the hell is the strap for if the ground is already supporting it? And it doesn't look like there's any fuel in it either and there's a woman, a little kid and a dog right there...guess none of them can read the warning on his back, lol.

I think those warnings come on all the straps now. It's the manufacturers covering their tails...the result of some lawsuit I'm sure.

If you're using a string trimmer for an extended period, a strap really can reduce fatigue. And again, if you're using a bike handlebar-type trimmer you pretty much have to use a strap or harness.
lol, Yes, I'm sure the dog can not read the warning or just doesn't care.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You know, not all of us are in our 20s and in perfect health. Some of us have medical problems or disabilities that require us to use certain aids or do things a certain way.

To say that anyone who uses a strap or a trimmer guard or whatever is an idiot or a wimp shows how naive and self centered some of you guys are. If someone wants to use a trimmer strap because they have tendonitis in their elbow or use a reach and grab tool to pick up stick rather than bend over or even use a freakin walker to get from their truck to their mower, you should be giving them credit for doing what it takes to get the job done, not poking fun. Grow up guys, worry about yourself and your employees and assume that if someone is doing something a certain way with a certain tool, there's probably a reason for it.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

BTW - Any ideas on how to rig a wheel kid on my trimmer so I don't have to hold it up...I was thinking maybe a caster wheel from an office chair or something...I keep wearing out the bump knobs by resting it on them...or maybe i should just get one of these
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
You know, not all of us are in our 20s and in perfect health. Some of us have medical problems or disabilities that require us to use certain aids or do things a certain way.

To say that anyone who uses a strap or a trimmer guard or whatever is an idiot or a wimp shows how naive and self centered some of you guys are. If someone wants to use a trimmer strap because they have tendonitis in their elbow or use a reach and grab tool to pick up stick rather than bend over or even use a freakin walker to get from their truck to their mower, you should be giving them credit for doing what it takes to get the job done, not poking fun. Grow up guys, worry about yourself and your employees and assume that if someone is doing something a certain way with a certain tool, there's probably a reason for it.
Thanks
I nothing wrong with my health
With a Strap on Bikehandles its the balance of the trimmer. The head of the trimmer never rides on the ground. I have it set where you don't hold it down,hold it up and pitch stays the same You can trim same height as you mow
Over years people I hired lot has been College kids and lot them has work for other people after they work for me they like the strap bike handle trimmers always say its more balances Walk upright never trim bent over. I see so many people trimming with handheld trimmers always bent over unless you are a short guy then your not
So don't kick it till you try it
This site a nice place to read and post but there a few act like first graders