Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-30-2012, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat 320D LRR View Post
nice man although i dont know if you quite need all the hp it is nice but im liking my 27 but just my opinion but i hope to add a second scag to my fleet next year but well see what it is my purchase list is quite large next year
i can get my 34hp to bog down on a 3-4 of my lawns, so i'm gonna go with yes I personally do need it, but most others might not.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well just a call yesterday to bid on a house not far from mine with a 300ft plus driveway, and they wanted a price for shrub pruning and fall clean up and mowing, and this house has over 250,000 in stone work and another 100,000+ in landscaping, with over 100 shrubs that need pruning. and I received a voice mail from a condo complex with 54 units in which for me would be my biggest property the mowing is going to be very tricky, lots of little areas that will require me to buy a push mower, this property has over 200 shrubs that need pruning and both want a price for snow, the residential is easy i'm quite sure i nailed that one, the commercial, i just looked at today and its nothing difficult, but not what i'm used to, this is gonna take a little thinking to bid properly and not lose my shirt, also their main reason for wanting someone new is the current company's employee do a terrible job and don't speak english, so there is very little communication. and they have destroyed alot of curbs and a few garage doors.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
well just a call yesterday to bid on a house not far from mine with a 300ft plus driveway, and they wanted a price for shrub pruning and fall clean up and mowing, and this house has over 250,000 in stone work and another 100,000+ in landscaping, with over 100 shrubs that need pruning. and I received a voice mail from a condo complex with 54 units in which for me would be my biggest property the mowing is going to be very tricky, lots of little areas that will require me to buy a push mower, this property has over 200 shrubs that need pruning and both want a price for snow, the residential is easy i'm quite sure i nailed that one, the commercial, i just looked at today and its nothing difficult, but not what i'm used to, this is gonna take a little thinking to bid properly and not lose my shirt, also their main reason for wanting someone new is the current company's employee do a terrible job and don't speak english, so there is very little communication. and they have destroyed alot of curbs and a few garage doors.
Good work man, hope you get them both.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yah the residential one is easy to bid, its the commercial one i can't quite figure out so easily, i have all the equipment to handle the commercial clean up and the mowing, but i have to really sit down and figure out the numbers so i don't lose my shirt on it. Bidding this property is something the goldpro is a pro at doing, but he has many years of experience over me, i'm almost in too deep with it something size but i know i can figure it out!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

if i get the commercial one it will be awesome, to say i do something of that size at 24yrs old, and i can almost guarantee once these people see i do good work, the word will spread among other condos in the area, i will get more of them and on a bigger scale which is what i want, and goal of 2500 per week from mowing alone will be broken pretty quick, and another new machine will be bought and paid for next spring if this works out, this would without a doubt give me the boost i need, not too mention this place has overgrowth issues on the back side of the property, and they need tree work done.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

fall clean up setup.

new br600 next to the 4 year old husky 180bt

one of my lawns.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice set up and work.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks, I'll try to take pic of one of my clean ups that I do, they all come out perfect looking, but I'm so focused on trying to get jobs done, especially in the fall. I don't wanna take the extra minute to grab my phone from my truck and take a picture or two of the what i'm doing and post it on here. monday I was on fire, got 4 clean ups in with just me and 1 other person. all the leaves had to go to the curb. Today me and 2 other people were only able to blow out 3 clean ups, but still close to the same dollar amount. either way this month will be a nice boost $$$$$ especially with the snow storm we got, once I do the billing for that.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleLawnCare View Post
Nice set up and work.
Thanks I do like my 1996 f350 with a 7.3 turbo diesel with 271,000 miles and all original body panels even though it was used as plow truck with a 2 yard sander for its whole life, and before me it used to tow a 35ft fishing boat and had crab cages loaded to the top of the cab 3x a week. a lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into getting this setup. heck i missed out on pretty much all of my teenage years to get to where I am today. I can't even count the number of years I didn't even celebrate my birthday and just worked the day before, the day of and the day after. Instead of getting high, or drunk like 90% of the kids I went to school with did for every one of their teenage birthdays. It's starting to pay off, I should really see the benefits next year when I buy a house on my own with no help, and hopefully a really nice car in cash.