Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Anyone using the Cub Cadet XP

I like to know if anyone uses the Cub Cadet XP spreader/sprayer and what your experience is so far. I have used the Lesco HSP for the company I used to work for, but did not like having to go back with the hose. I am looking to buy something not to expensive as I only have about 20 accounts to compliment my mowing service. I have looked for a used Permagreen Ultra, but most of the stuff that I have found is to beat, so I am thinking in ordering one. I know the Z-Spray or T3000 are better machines and even the Pathfinder, but I just want to hear about the Cub Cadet XP. Thank you.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Im on my second season with the XP, no complaints! I also run several hps uniits.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Member

I am in the same situation as you and ordered the Cub 3 weeks ago. Be prepared to wait a bit for it because they are all held up awaiting EPA compliant engines. I am hoping it will be here in another couple weeks. I read everything I could find and nothing scared me away from it. There are plenty of nicer units on the market but nothing even comes close price wise. And I dont buy lawn eq used so this was a good first machine for me. You should be able to get it down to the 3500 - 3700 range. I played two dealers against one another and got it for 3,550.00.

Thanks

Bob
Old 04-18-2011, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a good price. I like the xp, it will hold a hill that no other spreader sprayer will, you can run 2 different herbicides and its not too bad on fuel.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Update for those of you interested in the Cub ride ons. They are not currently available as there is no EPA compliant engines for them. A month into the wait for mine, Cub cancelled my order so I am buying a ProLawn walk/tow behind hooded sprayer to tide me over until Cub/Kawasaki pulls their head out of their butt and starts producing them again. I may also like the hooded sprayer well enough to just stick with them and build a dedicated Grasshopper/Prolawn config.

Just wanted to pass that along

Bob