Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-05-2002, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Member

New Holland TC33D

I was just asking if any of you have any opinions on this tractor. I demoed one today and like it very much. It was a hydro and 4 wheel drive. I just can't see paying 2000.00 more for an equal J.D. when the New Holland is so nice. The J.D. was a 4310 model.
Old 10-05-2002, 02:30 AM
LawnSite Member

The New Hollands are very nice tractors. You will not go wrong with one. I checked them out and made my best deal on a smaller Kubota. New Holland was at the top of the heap also. You may want to price Kubota and then see if the New Holland dealer can cut a comparable deal on his unit. When I was looking into Deere, they worked hard to meet the Kubota price.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:01 PM
Banned

Is that one of the "Boomer" models? We have a 98 1530 Boomer Hydro. It is very nice and the supersteer makes it very manueverable. My wife likes it better for laying down topsoil than a skidsteer...she says it is smoother. The tractor does have about 30 grease zerks though...and guess who gets to maintain it? Anyways it is a lot of fun, but she is going to sell off everything except her hydroseeder...the landscaping is getting to hard on her. <sigh>
Old 10-12-2002, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My brother has a 35 and a freind has a 29. They both love theirs.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I have changed my mine on the New Holland. The John Deere is much smoother than the New Holland and my dealer matched the price of the 4310 with e-power reverse. With power reverse the pto h.p. is greater than that of a hydro, so there for the 32 h.p. John Deere has more pto h.p. than the TC33D tractor with 33 h.p. The John Deere also felt more torquey than the New Holland. John Deere also had greater hydralic flow and a bigger gas tank than the other. Both are great tractors but I just like the John Deere better. If anyone has a J.D. like the 4310 please give me some feed back. thanks
Old 10-30-2002, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I currently own a TC 33D. I have worked it hard. Had this one for a little over 1 year. I am having Hydro pump problems. I have just over 500 hours on the tractor. I use it for lawn installs and mowing one property.

I am having the hydro pump looked at in December. Still need the little guy this coming month.

My local dealer dropped the New Holland Line this past summer. Having to take it too dealer over 40 miles away. Don't have other complaints. When I get this one paid off going to look at a TC 35D.

MARK DOUGLAS
Old 11-10-2002, 05:47 AM
Banned

Hey MWS, in what way was the Deere smoother than the New Holland? The 3 point hitch on our 1530 was kinda jerky and it was sometimes difficult to switch ranges on the tranny, was that stuff smoother on the Deere? If we ever buy another tractor we will probably not buy a New Holland because there is no dealer support up here.