Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2011, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
well considering i already service 8 to 10 clients a day, sometimes a few more and i don't know to the second numbers on how long each client takes, i'd say i'm an exception to your rule.......
Yeah, OK. 8-10 accounts a day but yet you don't know how long it takes you, and you don't pay attention to your time? I'm pretty darn sure not too many folks on this site is gonna buy that one. What are you gonna try and sell us on next? That you run 87 octane through a diesel? Or maybe it's more like you have 1 or 2 accounts a day?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well do what you think is best for you. Your first year or two will be your learning years. Study and understand all of YOUR numbers. I stumbled on to this sight about 2 years ago. I think I know less now than I did 2 years ago. : ). What you will get from this sight is some good ideas. Many things you would not have even thought of untill you lived it. I was lucky, I had very few people to turn to to give me advise. Yes I attended the school of hard nocks and it was one of the best things that happened to me. Again do whats best for your operation. Residential is hard because folks just don't understand and think you will work for free. You will hear NO quite often so, in turn you also have to have the word NO in your vocabulary. It's OK not to take a job if they want to nickle and dime you. If you are in this for the long haul be sure to buy only heavy duty tools that won't break down every other day. Buy the best that you can afford. GOOD LUCK to you !!