Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty62 View Post
have them put a aftermarket Pmd kit on it .It has a longer cord .a heatsink machined aluminum billet with cooling fins . it monts on top of the intake cowl .the facory pmd set way down by the pump .get hot and burn out.
im going to install it myself and its going inside the cab. it cost around 700 for someone to do it for me and its not even hard to do
Old 05-19-2011, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

6.5 diesels are a very odd engine when it comes to mods. Unlike the powerstrokes and cummins of that same era that you could just plug in a programmer to and tune the truck, you have to do far more for the same thing.

When I owned my 6.5 I really looked into putting some mods on it, mainly just to give it a little extra power when towing and increase my fuel economy when not towing. I found out very quickly that I wouldn't just be able to buy a programmer and put a mild tune on it. Just to gain a little extra power I was going to have to buy a new computer for the truck, new exhaust system, intake system, etc. In the end I was really going to need to spend alot in order to get what I wanted exactly.

If you go for some mods, go to heathdiesel.com, I talked to the owner when I was looking to get some mods and he was very helpful. I think I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with him and he told me exactly what I would need. Since I had looked, heathdiesel has added quite a bit to their website.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 05-19-2011, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Member

yea im mainly looking for towing power and better fuel mpg its a dump truck so im not racing it lol did you do anything to yours? what made the biggest improvments? im thinking the bigger crossover pipe and the 3" down pipe to a 4" exhaust or strait pipe,