Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2000, 09:42 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Who is going to check for applicators licenses at the door of this forum?<p>I have been very reluctant to provide any information about pesticides and there usage<br>in the past for this reason.<p>The only advise I have given in the past is to go to the mfg. website and read the label.<p>IMHO is that we might be doing the general public a disservice if unlicensed and insured<br>(pollution endorsement) contractor takes any advise given here and apply it wrong.<p>Plus any homeowner can read this and join<br>the ranks of the Casoron assassin.
Old 02-22-2000, 01:43 PM
Banned

maybe just talk in code...'have you thought maybe about trying a mix of Ru/Fn+trimec...'that might work or try electronic cert...
Old 02-22-2000, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Larry, I view purpose of forum as sharing of information, not policing. Hopefully a novice will learn the complexity and want to get his license. When I started in business, I had no idea about licensing, and only found the details when I attended a class well after I started applications. Not too many homeowners will want to hunt down the commercial formulations we use and buy in the quantity generally available to the industry. There is too much already available to them on the store shelves.<p>Perhaps in this forum it would be a good idea to post something, similar to my post of a few weeks ago, on a regular basis to advise newcomers about the legal requirements. This approach was, and still is, used by some newsgroups to enlighten new members about group operations and FAQs. Someone could post it bi-weekly or monthly, depending on the activity here, so the information stays current in the list.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana<br>
Old 02-24-2000, 05:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. Stone <br>I have read many of your comments and thought that your comments are off the wall and out in left field. But you have some point here, but these are still off the wall.<p>ON the un licensed I don't know about your state. Where I am at the State dept. of Pesticide makes sure that you are certified.<br>If not a big fine is waiting for you. <p>On the avg home owner, If you read most of the professional chemicals it clearly stae for commerical applicator only. <p>Then you go back to the issue of license, Do these home owners have them to spray others. I don't think so. <p>I do agree that information can fall into unwanted hands. It up to us to make sure that we treat this professional as I know everyone will.<p>Green-n-Grow<br>Lawn Care Service
Old 02-25-2000, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Member

I live in Illinois and would like to know how to get licensed for a big contract. Who do I contact?<p>----------<br>Straight Edge Lawn Care Inc.<br>
Old 02-25-2000, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nathan, go to www.state.il.us. This is your state govt home page. There should be a search function to look for pesticide licensing office in your state. <p>You can search any state by using www.state.XX.us, where XX is the two letter initial for the state you are interested in.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana
Old 02-27-2000, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Good idea about the license check.<br> Someone in the other forum asked about brands of trucks and cube vans, should check their driver's license too.
Old 03-05-2000, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

LOL cantoo-<br>where's the best place to buy fert.'s & pesticides? The state has it's list of suppliers, but I'm sure I can find it cheaper. Do many of the product websites have locations- haven't seen too many.<br>Also, what do you guys recommend as a good brand of growth regulator-haven't bought any yet- wanted to get a few opinions b-4 I buy.<br>thanx<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<p>