Register free!

Old 03-05-2000, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hold a agricultural pesticide licsense from a state I lived in previously(expired). Plan on taking the test in the state I am in now for commercial applicator licsense for lawncare.<p>I'm just wondering if anybody here holds both agricultural and lawncare licsense's? If so are they any major differences in the test? I expect the tests to be very different. But just wondering what to expect. I plan on getting some materials to study for the exam next week. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2000, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jason, <p>A commerical applicator licence is a little different in my state than a ag license. I hold both. In both instances I had to to take a test. The commerical Applicator test for lawn care deals more in weed problems and calulations of chemicals. Did you have to test for your ag license where you once lived?<p>Green-n-Grow
Old 03-06-2000, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I did have to take an exam for the ag licsense. My previous state was North Dakota. It was a very simple test. Not much to it. Simple chemical calculations, section on interpreting labels, a bit on carryover, etc... It's been a couple years since I took the exam. And I imagine for the lawncare test identifiying weeds will be a big part of it.
Old 03-07-2000, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jason, Good deal. <p>I am from Ky and the test are very similar.<br>Depending on the the state that you are in now. All are different. Your first test in ND will more than likely be much of the same.<br>The lawn test in Ky is more focus on label and calulations than weed ID. Good Luck <br>