Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-06-2011, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Our minimum is 35 but mowing sucks there is not alot of money to be made, id rather ride my T3000 all day and fertilize.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquityGreen View Post
Our minimum is 35 but mowing sucks there is not alot of money to be made, id rather ride my T3000 all day and fertilize.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah because what we're getting at here is making $60 an hour...
4 minutes at a time.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You can buy a mower, string trimmer, edger, and hedge clippers at Lowes...make the payment for 12 months a year....furnish the gas, oil, blades, etc.

Or...

Let the neighborhood guy do it for $20.00 "as needed" only on the months the grass is growing.

Thats what it comes down to with some of the pricing which is out there.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

i don't unload anything less than 50.00
Old 05-06-2011, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Threads like this make me laugh at all the BS I read. Some of you must live in areas that have no hispanics. Take D&F for example. You quote $50 for anything less than an acre around here and the person will likely laugh in your face and say thats fine I will just get Julio 2 houses down to do it for $25. We have big companys doing average size lawns for $20 and these are large outfits and not some guy with home depot equipment driving a 20 year old truck. Guys are doing an acre for $40 to $50 and each additional acre is another $35.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)
Old 05-06-2011, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the real truth to all of this is this business is a joke. really, its a business that every year new people or people collecting unemployment jump into to make some quick extra bucks and do nothing legal and just take all the lawns.. i dont care what anyone says on here, come to my area and try it out. cutting grass is like the second biggest thing i learned to do in life right behind riding a bike. anyone can do it unless they are in poor health. posts on here are people saying all the time, a dealer 25 miles from me will sell me this model mower for $7000.00 but the dealer you usually go to wants $7400.00 i guarntee you will all either buy from the $7000.00 dealer or beg your dealer to do it for same price and once he does than you will buy from him. none of you would say ah its 400.00 more to stay with my dealer that i deal with for years, you want that same 7000.00 price or your buying from other dealer. all you people who jump on your high horse and say no way i would not are going thru life lieing to yourself or smoke crack..
so high horse people, just let your customers get price quotes from 3 other local companys and see if one they saty with you or ask you well company x will do this lawn for half the price you are charging me so please either lower my price or im going with them... there is a reason wal mart's are packed and k mart's look like a ghost town
Old 05-06-2011, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Theres some truth to what Milo says. If you're not in with the rest of the pack of dogs then you might not be treeing no coon. So, get in the pack or trail a different varment.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnwizards View Post
i dont have a minimum price, as long as i'm making money. never could understand people saying "i wont drop my gate for less than....." it really limits yourselves.
NOT REALLY...what limits you is when your schedule is full and no time for new accts and you find yourself turning down possibly better accts. because you pretty much took everything and anything along the way....
Old 05-07-2011, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

we try and base our price at 1.25 per minute/ per man (3 guys 3.75 a minute) this is what we consider our target area of accts...we try and make sure we our getting as close to this figure as possible...
Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
If the yard is among others we do it would be $15. We edge fronts for $5 if it next to a yard we do. Money is money regardless of how small amount.
Right! only if it is close by though. Its hard to make a trip to edge and trim for less than $25-30. But I can get a clients neighbor for 10.00... I'm already there and it may add 10 minutes to my day so why not.
RedMax Trimmer
RedMax Hedge Trimmers
5x8 tilt trailer
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missis...e/151402474671