Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-06-2011, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Raising efficiency standardizing business

Hi there.

I am trying to raise the efficiency and professionalism of my business, especially as it pertains to customer service, invoicing, and estimating.

Here are a few things I am focused on.

-Getting a database going, where I can store my clients information.
-Automatic email invoices.
-Standardize forms for estimates, printing estimates in truck, then subsequently emailing or storing that estimate in a database.
-Getting a Visa and MasterCard merchant account.
-Hire a Virtual Assistant.

I know there are several software vendors out there, like golfer, but I need to customize mine more, since I want to offer many more services than lawn-care.

I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation and would like to try to solve these hurtles together, splitting the cost.

This is what I was going to do:

Hire a programmer through odesk or some other outsourcing website. This programmer can program us a database. I have had mixed experiences with outsourcing this work.
Subscribing to invoicing software.
Subscribing to various services together such as ilawn, google earth pro.

If any of you have any recommendations, of where to start, or know any off the shelf solutions, please feel free to contribute.

Nickolas
Old 05-06-2011, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthV View Post
Hi there.

I am trying to raise the efficiency and professionalism of my business, especially as it pertains to customer service, invoicing, and estimating.

Here are a few things I am focused on.

-Getting a database going, where I can store my clients information.
-Automatic email invoices.
-Standardize forms for estimates, printing estimates in truck, then subsequently emailing or storing that estimate in a database.
-Getting a Visa and MasterCard merchant account.
-Hire a Virtual Assistant.

I know there are several software vendors out there, like golfer, but I need to customize mine more, since I want to offer many more services than lawn-care.

I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation and would like to try to solve these hurtles together, splitting the cost.

This is what I was going to do:

Hire a programmer through odesk or some other outsourcing website. This programmer can program us a database. I have had mixed experiences with outsourcing this work.
Subscribing to invoicing software.
Subscribing to various services together such as ilawn, google earth pro.

If any of you have any recommendations, of where to start, or know any off the shelf solutions, please feel free to contribute.

Nickolas
I haven't personally used it, but have heard a lot of people use Guru.com. You post a listing of what you need and people will respond to it with quotes. You will get quotes from people all over the world. I knew of one guy that had a programmer from London build him a complete website and it was much cheaper than what people around his area were charging and was a superior product.

Once again, not sure if this fits what you're looking for, but it might be a good resource to check out.