Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-06-2011, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Member

john Deere/Lesco seed !!!

talk this as a warning, dont touch it , loaded with both Poa A and Poa T even states so on their website. Dont make the same mistake as me , i ruined all my lawn's over seeding !
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

So your saying that every bag of every kind says it contains poa a and t in it?...or are you referring to some sun/shade mix crud?
Old 05-06-2011, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have been buying double eagle seed from lesco for years with zero problems ever.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 05-06-2011, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Every bag that comes from Oregon has POA A according to their website, So since they state that on their website they say they dont have to list it on the bag,Only tag the bag Oregon, so if you dont know about that statement you have no idea you are buying POA CRAP ! also POA T is not listed as weed seed , it is labeled under Other Crop , so they are hiding it behind that.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I have been buying double eagle seed from lesco for years with zero problems ever.

My lawn was perfect using their seed to start with , but not after last years overseeding.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am thinking in the state of Oregon--they are careful to protect their state's reputation, (as the grass seed capitol of the world). At least for Poa annua it seems to me it would be listed as a noxious weed if Poa annua were found (by the state seed laboratory). True some seed labels list a small percentage of "other crop", but the one I looked at showed zero weed seed, and zero noxious weed seed.
Where on Lesco's website does it state this?

http://lesco.com/Default.aspx?PageID=87&Category=25

The Scotts seed I have in front of me shows 0.01 percent weed seed, and 0.5 percent "other crop". Zero noxious weeds. 1.75 percent inert matter. Plus 50 percent water absorbing coating.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPoorLawn View Post
My lawn was perfect using their seed to start with , but not after last years overseeding.
If your lawn was perfect, why did you overseed it?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I sell Lesco seed on a daily basis to professional landscapers and have never gotten one complaint in the past 5-1/2 years.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
I am thinking in the state of Oregon--they are careful to protect their state's reputation, (as the grass seed capitol of the world). At least for Poa annua it seems to me it would be listed as a noxious weed if Poa annua were found (by the state seed laboratory). True some seed labels list a small percentage of "other crop", but the one I looked at showed zero weed seed, and zero noxious weed seed.
Where on Lesco's website does it state this?

http://lesco.com/Default.aspx?PageID=87&Category=25

The Scotts seed I have in front of me shows 0.01 percent weed seed, and 0.5 percent "other crop". Zero noxious weeds. 1.75 percent inert matter. Plus 50 percent water absorbing coating.

Notes: At John Deere Landscapes we shoot for .005% inert and .005% weed as a high point in our blends, with no more than a total of 3% for all other ingredients. All seed coming from Oregon has Poa Anna unless marked on the tag itself. Seed is also tagged to state specifications verses tagging to true germination. We tag below true germination to give us some breathing room with carryover seed and any seed inspection. A copy of the germination test is available for your branch if you would like to keep it on file if needed. Anticipate state inspectors, who wander into your branch, this is a normal occurrence in the industry.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
If your lawn was perfect, why did you overseed it?
stupidity i guess..... hey im not saying dont buy it , but i can at least warn people. Their excuse to me was birds shitting in my lawn carrying the seed , Since i have no neighbors their first explanation didnt work