Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-06-2011, 09:20 PM
MyPoorLawn MyPoorLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poa Hell
Posts: 22
john Deere/Lesco seed !!!

talk this as a warning, dont touch it , loaded with both Poa A and Poa T even states so on their website. Dont make the same mistake as me , i ruined all my lawn's over seeding !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-06-2011, 09:24 PM
mdlwn1 mdlwn1 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: new jersey/new york
Posts: 2,445
So your saying that every bag of every kind says it contains poa a and t in it?...or are you referring to some sun/shade mix crud?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-06-2011, 09:30 PM
THEGOLDPRO's Avatar
THEGOLDPRO THEGOLDPRO is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CONNECTICUT
Posts: 5,190
I have been buying double eagle seed from lesco for years with zero problems ever.
__________________
Official THEGOLDPRO fan club.HERE
2012 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2011 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-06-2011, 09:31 PM
MyPoorLawn MyPoorLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poa Hell
Posts: 22
Every bag that comes from Oregon has POA A according to their website, So since they state that on their website they say they dont have to list it on the bag,Only tag the bag Oregon, so if you dont know about that statement you have no idea you are buying POA CRAP ! also POA T is not listed as weed seed , it is labeled under Other Crop , so they are hiding it behind that.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 PM
MyPoorLawn MyPoorLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poa Hell
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I have been buying double eagle seed from lesco for years with zero problems ever.

My lawn was perfect using their seed to start with , but not after last years overseeding.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-06-2011, 10:30 PM
RigglePLC's Avatar
RigglePLC RigglePLC is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 9,437
I am thinking in the state of Oregon--they are careful to protect their state's reputation, (as the grass seed capitol of the world). At least for Poa annua it seems to me it would be listed as a noxious weed if Poa annua were found (by the state seed laboratory). True some seed labels list a small percentage of "other crop", but the one I looked at showed zero weed seed, and zero noxious weed seed.
Where on Lesco's website does it state this?

http://lesco.com/Default.aspx?PageID=87&Category=25

The Scotts seed I have in front of me shows 0.01 percent weed seed, and 0.5 percent "other crop". Zero noxious weeds. 1.75 percent inert matter. Plus 50 percent water absorbing coating.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Hissing Cobra Hissing Cobra is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On a green lawn
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPoorLawn View Post
My lawn was perfect using their seed to start with , but not after last years overseeding.
If your lawn was perfect, why did you overseed it?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Hissing Cobra Hissing Cobra is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On a green lawn
Posts: 646
I sell Lesco seed on a daily basis to professional landscapers and have never gotten one complaint in the past 5-1/2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-06-2011, 10:34 PM
MyPoorLawn MyPoorLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poa Hell
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
I am thinking in the state of Oregon--they are careful to protect their state's reputation, (as the grass seed capitol of the world). At least for Poa annua it seems to me it would be listed as a noxious weed if Poa annua were found (by the state seed laboratory). True some seed labels list a small percentage of "other crop", but the one I looked at showed zero weed seed, and zero noxious weed seed.
Where on Lesco's website does it state this?

http://lesco.com/Default.aspx?PageID=87&Category=25

The Scotts seed I have in front of me shows 0.01 percent weed seed, and 0.5 percent "other crop". Zero noxious weeds. 1.75 percent inert matter. Plus 50 percent water absorbing coating.

Notes: At John Deere Landscapes we shoot for .005% inert and .005% weed as a high point in our blends, with no more than a total of 3% for all other ingredients. All seed coming from Oregon has Poa Anna unless marked on the tag itself. Seed is also tagged to state specifications verses tagging to true germination. We tag below true germination to give us some breathing room with carryover seed and any seed inspection. A copy of the germination test is available for your branch if you would like to keep it on file if needed. Anticipate state inspectors, who wander into your branch, this is a normal occurrence in the industry.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-06-2011, 10:37 PM
MyPoorLawn MyPoorLawn is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poa Hell
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
If your lawn was perfect, why did you overseed it?
stupidity i guess..... hey im not saying dont buy it , but i can at least warn people. Their excuse to me was birds shitting in my lawn carrying the seed , Since i have no neighbors their first explanation didnt work
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.09614 seconds with 7 queries