Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

a question to the little wonder blower owners

The air control deflector has three positions up and down to vary the air flow characteristics. Where do you all run the deflector for what conditions? top middle bottom hole? And how much do you angle the deflector up or down? Just trying to get an idea of which hole to set the deflector in for what conditions. So anybody?? And also was wondering, are the intek motors as bad as i have read? Mine has a 10hp intek that i hope i can get good life out of..

Later!! chris
Old 05-14-2011, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i know there are a bunch of little wonder users here... anybody? I have been trying the middle hole, i think i will try the top for a while and see how it differs. So anybody comment on which hole theirs is in??

Later!!! chris
Old 05-23-2011, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nobody??? I think the middle hole might be a little bit more forceful than the top hole, but cant really tell for sure.. So andody wanna tell where they set theirs??

Later!! Chris
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2011, 02:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mine only has one setting for where the chute hinges. It is close to the center of the chute door. Usually, the chute is run with the chute close to all the way open (completely open), but angled down just slightly from there.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mine doesn't have (or I've never seen them) any other holes. Mine just always shoots straight out.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

look at any high out-put or optimax blower with the split deflector, there are three holes to move the deflector up and down. It changes the percent of air that comes out above and below deflector..

later!! chris
Old 06-05-2011, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

well i guess nobody knows there deflector is movable. I think the middle position is the best after trying different combos. now as long as this intek doesn't lunch a head. seems from my reading the 10hp intek loves to lunch heads. this motors already on its second head. guy i got it from got it cheap because it had lunched a head, and he got a slightly used head and got it running. gotta love people who forget to add oil to new motors, makes for cheap really nice heads.

Later!! chris
Old 06-05-2011, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2011, 02:19 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
The air control deflector has three positions up and down to vary the air flow characteristics. Where do you all run the deflector for what conditions? top middle bottom hole? And how much do you angle the deflector up or down? Just trying to get an idea of which hole to set the deflector in for what conditions. So anybody?? And also was wondering, are the intek motors as bad as i have read? Mine has a 10hp intek that i hope i can get good life out of..

Later!! chris
I never bother with moving it I keep it centered in the middle, as for the deflector that is adjusted on the fly for the conditions your working in and as you work for example blowing a parking lot with lots of sand angled slightly downward, for turf and leaf angled slightly up.... as you get used to it you will soon fined out what works for you.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
well i guess nobody knows there deflector is movable. I think the middle position is the best after trying different combos. now as long as this intek doesn't lunch a head. seems from my reading the 10hp intek loves to lunch heads. this motors already on its second head. guy i got it from got it cheap because it had lunched a head, and he got a slightly used head and got it running. gotta love people who forget to add oil to new motors, makes for cheap really nice heads.

Later!! chris
I gotta correct you. No harm meant. It's "launch" as in the head launched off like a rocket, not lunch.