Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-08-2011, 03:15 AM
LawnSite Member

groundwork supplies from tsc

Do they hold up and perform well? I was looking at the dumpcart, the sprayers, and the spreaders, they looked to be built well but I have never heard them mentioned on here before. Tractor supply is the only place I have seen them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2011, 04:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If its the only place you have then my guess is you do not have much of a choice then do you? Other than internet. There products are purdy sturdy from what I have used. I have gotten a few rakes there and few other things and they have all held up. I like tractor supply always have. My sister works there part time while in collage and I get her discount. I work at Lowes as Seasonal help (about to quit though, business is to big now) and I prefer TSC over anything we have. Im a John Deere man at heart and you could not buy me a mower from lowes and then pay me to take it. They do not hold up not even for a private resident. Kobalt tools/yard tools/hand tools really are not what they make them out the be. I have taken many many half inch rachets back for return at lowes. If you ask 100 people the same question you will get 100 different answers so here we go I reckon!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Groundwork is a trademarked name owned by Tractor Supply. http://chemicals.zibb.com/trademark/...y+co./30767931

Old 05-08-2011, 06:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought K31 Fescue from TSC and it seems to be growing pretty good.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Last year, I was up in Tennessee & dropped one of their stores-they've since built one here near me. I walked thru the whole store just looking & found a tobacco knife-more like a hatchet but the blade is very thin. I bought it and use it to cut sod pieces in small areas I cannot till. Great lil tool to use.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The sprayers are made by Fimco. I have one with the boomless sprayer that I purchased last season that has been great. I mow my local TSC store so I try to buy as many products that I need from them as possible. However, the handtools such as rakes, shovels, etc have flimsy handles. My employees or I have broken the handles on just about all of them. To me the Jackson and Rigid brand hand tools are the best in my experience.

As far as chemicals I buy in bulk from a local chemical company so I don't know about the TSC chemicals.