Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyBacon View Post
Stripes look good, is the Lazer a 48? And what size are the axles on the trailer, 3500? 5200?
The lazer is a 52in the axles are dexter 3500lbs each on the trailer, thinking about selling the 52in and buying another 61in ferris.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Decal looks really good.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Smile

pic of the first mowers I started with 36in and 48in and the new 61 ferris I bought last spring in the showroom.
Attached Images

8'-10' western wideout
16ft dual axle trailer
7x12 sure trac dump trailer
7x14 american hauler dump trailer
21in honda push mower
36in ferris walk behind
48in ferris walk behind
52in exmark zero turn
61 in ferris is2000 zero turn w/fastvac

www.hawkes-landscaping.com
Old 01-24-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

How have the ferris's been?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice equipment and work ... congratulations !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I see you got the mower from precision. Ive bought ever mower from them and just about everything else related to mowing from them. They seem to help you when you need it and have reasonable prices.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

ferris

I am surprised that you like the ferris so much. I have never owned one but rode them in the past. I can't stand the suspension or the size of the seat/leg room area. No where near my exmark. The suspension ferris I was using was impossible you couldnt circle or half circle anything without an un even cut. If you were mowing a slope side to side it would leave high grass on the high side scalped or short on the lower side. The quality of the cut and the ability to disperse the clippings wasn't bad but didn't seem to touch the exmark. Not bashing your mower.....its a ford its a chevy its a dodge.....ferris...jd...exmark...scag they are all comparable. Nice set up I noticed you had your mowers "centered" on your trailer. I would recommend strapping them down especially around here. DOT will give you enough tickets to hit ya hard.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
How have the ferris's been?
Great the walk behinds have been great never had any problems with them the ferris with the icd deck is great no clumps and the cut quality is great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman24949 View Post
I see you got the mower from precision. Ive bought ever mower from them and just about everything else related to mowing from them. They seem to help you when you need it and have reasonable prices.
Yeah jason at precision is the owners son he works with you when purchasing equipment he know I buy a lot from them just bought a leftover bagger yesterday pics to follow. overall they are a decent dealer the products are good and prices on mowers is the cheapest within 75 miles of my of any ferris other dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslawnscape View Post
I am surprised that you like the ferris so much. I have never owned one but rode them in the past. I can't stand the suspension or the size of the seat/leg room area. No where near my exmark. The suspension ferris I was using was impossible you couldnt circle or half circle anything without an un even cut. If you were mowing a slope side to side it would leave high grass on the high side scalped or short on the lower side. The quality of the cut and the ability to disperse the clippings wasn't bad but didn't seem to touch the exmark. Not bashing your mower.....its a ford its a chevy its a dodge.....ferris...jd...exmark...scag they are all comparable. Nice set up I noticed you had your mowers "centered" on your trailer. I would recommend strapping them down especially around here. DOT will give you enough tickets to hit ya hard.
Its all user preference I used toros for years with my old boss and the cut quality was horrible and they always break. As far as the cut quality I am surprised you have had a issue with the ferris I love the cut that the mower leaves the point of the suspension is to leave a more even cut cause the deck stay in the same position while your cutting and the suspension makes mowing rough properties great. My mower has a suspension seat as well as the suspension on the mower.
8'-10' western wideout
16ft dual axle trailer
7x12 sure trac dump trailer
7x14 american hauler dump trailer
21in honda push mower
36in ferris walk behind
48in ferris walk behind
52in exmark zero turn
61 in ferris is2000 zero turn w/fastvac

www.hawkes-landscaping.com
Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

nice equipment. im getting a 52in snapper pro. i have a 12 by 6 trailer now. is it harder to control a 16 by 6 because i was thinking of getting one in spring/ thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.G LAWN CARE View Post
nice equipment. im getting a 52in snapper pro. i have a 12 by 6 trailer now. is it harder to control a 16 by 6 because i was thinking of getting one in spring/ thanks
Good luck start small and work your way up I started with 5x8 landscape trailer and the thirty six 6 years ago work your way up and you will be fine GOOD LUCK!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device