Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-10-2011, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Gravely ZT HD 52" review

Hey guys. I just restarted my lawn business in April. I thought I would ease back into being an LCO, but the contracts have been coming faster than I anticipated. I was using my homeowner Troy Bilt 18 horse 42" rider, but that is just not cutting it anymore (pun intended). The properties are larger out here in the country than at the beach so I'm about to purchase a new, from the dealer 2011 Gravely ZT HD 52" and was wondering if anyone had one of these units and would care to give their 2 cents on it. I know it is not a high-end commercial machine, I'm not in need of that yet, but for the money and the other online reviews I looked up, it seemed like a wise investment. I wanted to hear from the people that use them everyday if this was something worth the investment and what sort of idiosyncrasies the machine may have. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Whitty

PS. I already did a forum search and didn't find what I was looking for, but if there is a thread already addressing this, just direct me to it. Thank you.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Member

i bought the zt50 just recentley and its awesome. i know they have different decks but the kawa engine i think is the same and it has plenty of power. so far so good with it and i have no complaints as it cuts perfect everytime so far.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

We have two of the gravely zthd 52's both have around 400 trouble free hours now,..they arent the fastest z's by any means but they are a very well built machine for the price you pay and they leave a nice cut once the deck is pitched properly. Solid piece of equipment for the price.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a 52 or 54" myself; did your dealer work well on the price with you?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies, fellas. I am going to pick up the unit on Saturday. Price was $5,139.00 out the door, and I financed through Gravely. It's a 0% interest loan for 24 months, which the contract I just picked up today will cover each month alone. Looking forward to a busy, but quicker week next week. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Another grand or so would get you a pro-turn 152. The HD is a good machine but it may be worth looking into the pro-turn since the price is so close.