Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-13-2011, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Lawns burning after app.

My lawns are browning after apps. First time this has ever happened. I calibrated and the rates are normal, using the same mix as usual ( 24d, Aquacap, Double Feature, 46-0-0, and imidicloprid.

The only difference is I'm using Mecamine D instead of 3 way. The mixes never sit in the tank longer than 24 hours, so I don't think I'm getting urea degredation.

It has been cooler and wetter than normal.

Lawns are browing out and completely burning in limited areas. What could be causing this?

Can you help?

BTW I am licensed and have years of experience !
Old 05-13-2011, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

do you think you could have a fungus problem? Some fungi pop with nitrogen apps.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Member

do you think you could have a fungus problem? Some fungi pop with nitrogen apps. Just a thought.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think adding the liquid urea to the mixture and the temperatures are a little cooler, you have fed the fungus's that are waiting.
Mecamine-D is a 3-way anyway isn't it??? According to the label it says so, just not the same spelling as others. I can only surmise that this cocktail may be conspiring with your normal mixtures and using a different product. Too much to speculate!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

How much urea? I used one bag for each 70 gallons of water. If you go much above that concentration it will suck the moisture of the leaf blades and cause fert burn. Worse if turf is slightly dry. How many gallons per thousand sqft are you applying?

Why are you applying imidicloprid?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Here are some tips to preventing brown patch. Use no more then 1/2 lb. of nitrogen. Use Hydrexx. Put a little ammonium sulfate in the mix. Use some potash. I don't worry about alittle tip burn.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
How much urea? I used one bag for each 70 gallons of water. If you go much above that concentration it will suck the moisture of the leaf blades and cause fert burn. Worse if turf is slightly dry. How many gallons per thousand sqft are you applying?

I am using 4 bags urea in a 300 gallon tank. Turf is probably not dry.

I use imi because we have had early stage grubs in late May the last couple of years and the imidicloprid stays long enough to get them.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Mecamine D ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcchamb View Post
My lawns are browning after apps. First time this has ever happened. I calibrated and the rates are normal, using the same mix as usual ( 24d, Aquacap, Double Feature, 46-0-0, and imidicloprid.

The only difference is I'm using Mecamine D instead of 3 way. The mixes never sit in the tank longer than 24 hours, so I don't think I'm getting urea degredation.

It has been cooler and wetter than normal.

Lawns are browing out and completely burning in limited areas. What could be causing this?

Can you help?

BTW I am licensed and have years of experience !
Does the Mec D have the same application rate as 3 Way? That is the only real variable in this equation. I will have to go to the storage shed and get a label to check unless someone can give me an answer.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
I think adding the liquid urea to the mixture and the temperatures are a little cooler, you have fed the fungus's that are waiting.
Mecamine-D is a 3-way anyway isn't it??? According to the label it says so, just not the same spelling as others. I can only surmise that this cocktail may be conspiring with your normal mixtures and using a different product. Too much to speculate!!!
I use granular (feed grade) urea. 200 lbs in a 300 gallon tank.

I was wondering if the app rate for the Mec D is the same as 3 Way. I assumed the rates would be the same but may be they are not. Is anyone familiar with Mecamine D app rates? Could the 24d cause burning?

Last edited by vvcchamb; 05-14-2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: clarity.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post

I think my rate is pretty close to 7 gallons per 1000 sq ft.

Tags
apps , browniing , spray