Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 PM
tjlco tjlco is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring Hill Florida
Posts: 282
58 lawns

we did 58 lawns today, I am pooped...lol, guess summer is here, lawns are growing, soon its gonna rain every day at 300....yay....lol
__________________
Just looked at my sig and realized I don't have half the stuff anymore. But double the stuff from before. I don't have a cool saying so this is it
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 PM
fobaum fobaum is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 307
58 in one day..How many men on crew?
__________________
Expert lawn maintenance & landscaping LLC.
2012 f350 6.7L Ultimate lariat
2008 tundra 5.7 d-cab -sold-
1998 isuzu diesel dump 14,500gvw
2011 grandstand 60''
2009 phazer 34"
2013 gs 36'
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:24 PM
tjlco tjlco is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring Hill Florida
Posts: 282
Today I had 3... well 4 counting me
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:29 PM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlco View Post
Today I had 3... well 4 counting me
Posted via Mobile Device
I call a big BS on this one unless its a condo complex.
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:36 PM
zturncutter's Avatar
zturncutter zturncutter is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Interior South Florida
Posts: 1,219
Did 28 this morning by myself, mobile home props in a park, so what
__________________
ZTurnCutter
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:53 PM
tjlco tjlco is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring Hill Florida
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by punt66 View Post
I call a big BS on this one unless its a condo complex.
lol, I see your from well not florida...one of the few ways to make any money mowing, is this way. I actually have 68 in this development(its not a condo complex). Small properties though. Most lawns are 6-10k square feet, at best. Ask any of the florida guys, they'll back me up. Our average day is anywhere between 45-65 lawns, or else we are working Saturday. Anytime you are visiting FL look let me know. I'd be happy to take you out for a day.
__________________
Just looked at my sig and realized I don't have half the stuff anymore. But double the stuff from before. I don't have a cool saying so this is it
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 PM
tjlco tjlco is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring Hill Florida
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Did 28 this morning by myself, mobile home props in a park, so what
I lost the bid on a mobile home property last year..I had never bid on anything like that before, and was about double everyone else. Lesson learned for next year I suppose
__________________
Just looked at my sig and realized I don't have half the stuff anymore. But double the stuff from before. I don't have a cool saying so this is it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 PM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlco View Post
lol, I see your from well not florida...one of the few ways to make any money mowing, is this way. I actually have 68 in this development(its not a condo complex). Small properties though. Most lawns are 6-10k square feet, at best. Ask any of the florida guys, they'll back me up. Our average day is anywhere between 45-65 lawns, or else we are working Saturday. Anytime you are visiting FL look let me know. I'd be happy to take you out for a day.
I have a condo in Naples. I am well aware. So yes, it was town houses. For example. If you were to do 58 lawns at 20min each including travel time it would take 19 hours.
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-11-2011, 10:10 PM
tjlco tjlco is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring Hill Florida
Posts: 282
No windsheild time for us today, well 5 minutes to get from shop to where we worked. After that I can pretty much keep mowing, till lunch, the guys move the truck up as they finish. We do everything in the same order every week, so its pretty routine. Not town houses as I would consider them. They are all single family homes, all over 2k square feet I'm sure. None of these houses are connected to one another as townhomes are. They are individual properties, with one home per property. If you want google pasco county property appraiser, go to property search and type in Aukari CT, that would show you the map of the area, maybe I am not explaining right
__________________
Just looked at my sig and realized I don't have half the stuff anymore. But double the stuff from before. I don't have a cool saying so this is it
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-12-2011, 06:24 AM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlco View Post
No windsheild time for us today, well 5 minutes to get from shop to where we worked. After that I can pretty much keep mowing, till lunch, the guys move the truck up as they finish. We do everything in the same order every week, so its pretty routine. Not town houses as I would consider them. They are all single family homes, all over 2k square feet I'm sure. None of these houses are connected to one another as townhomes are. They are individual properties, with one home per property. If you want google pasco county property appraiser, go to property search and type in Aukari CT, that would show you the map of the area, maybe I am not explaining right
That is what we call town houses up here. Individual homes stacked upon each other. Is there an HOA?
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.09864 seconds with 9 queries