Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-14-2011, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco WL90B Hydro-Drive Walk-Behind Mower

Anyone use these? I can get what seems like a great deal. Brand new at $2600.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonpressurewashing View Post
... I can get what seems like a great deal. Brand new at $2600.
Sometimes a deal is too good to be true ... brand new these things sell for $4,695 ... something has to be wrong with it at that price !! However, if it's a used machine, then it may be a good price depending on how many hours.
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 05-15-2011, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Member

I bought a WL80B in January and paid that price for it.

It may be so low, because John Deere actually stopped making the Lesco line and renamed them John Deere.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneylawns View Post
I bought a WL80B in January and paid that price for it.

It may be so low, because John Deere actually stopped making the Lesco line and renamed them John Deere.
This is why they are so low, but, I wondering if it is a good mower or not. How does it cut? Anyone out htere have these mowers?
Old 05-15-2011, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

I am pleased with the cut, I have the mulching kit on which separates with baffles not just a plug or plate over the discharge. It pulls leaves into the mower instead of plowing them away.

I have had some issues with tall grass leaving a row in the center, but I think this is normal. I am going to try and remove the mulching kit the next time I have to cut a tall yard.

PM me with your number is you would like and I can call you to talk with you more about it.

Marcus
Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What parts are you referring to? You can get parts pretty easy through aftermarket stores. Cub Cadet Commercial and John Deere will also have some of the stuff for some time.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a new Lesco 48" stander from a Deere dealer dealer on Ebay about 1 1/2 months ago and love it. Great cut and I paid $3250.00 for it new. I put a set of Oregon Gator blades on it and it seems to cut very ell in tall grass as well. I was surprised how well it chewed the long grass to small pieces and blew it out evenly.

Yes, the key here is to find parts now. Deere has to supply parts for 10 years and I did call one Deere dealer and he is looking up spare parts for me. I've had several John Deere mowers and this Lesco is well built. A great buy on a brand new unit being liquidated.
John Deere G-15 WB
Echo PAS-260 Power Heads
Echo Trimmers / Blowers / Edgers
Coralville, Iowa
Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would appreciate all comments about possible problems in the future with parts for a mower. If I bought a new commercial mower I would expect to get several years of use without a parts problem. I do not know anything about the Lesco product. I do know when I buy parts from my dealer for my Walker and Hustler product they always fit other mower brands. I also order parts on Ebay and I make sure that I question them if the parts will fit my mower before I buy. If the parts do not match then I send them back with that documentation and Ebays help if needed.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

But wouldn't you prefer to get your information from a knowledgeable source other than a kid with a lawnboy? Shouldn't someone give a bit of their background before slamming product that they have no experience with?

This site can trend to being very negative at times. Constructive criticism or knowledge based experience is appropriate. But, telling people 'you'll be sorry' and 'you've been warned'. Making claims of John Deere very bad with their own support with no imperical data to back his claims.

Lesco brand was around for some time and very well built equipment used heavily, but only in specific areas due to Lesco dealer support emphasized in specific areas. They decided to concentrate on more specific areas such as fertilizers, irrigation and such and get away from commercial lawn equipment.

I wouldn't have bought the equipment unless I had researched and become comfortable with such a purchase. With the parts Lesco used to assemble to mowers and the quality of build I see no reason to expect much repair at all. Engine parts, hydro pumps, etc are all made by other companies and available for years to come regardless. All I want is to find a couple of belts and normal items that do wear out.

But being so negative serves no purpose and has no business in any thread. Such comments are absolutely childish and ignorant. You want to absorb such negative comments from a kid that can only verify any experience or knowledge as 'lawnboy dan'. Yes, post experience and knowledge all you want whether good or bad. But negativity based on assumptions and hearsay. C'mon.... So.. you've been warned.
John Deere G-15 WB
Echo PAS-260 Power Heads
Echo Trimmers / Blowers / Edgers
Coralville, Iowa
Old 05-16-2011, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I agree with the I told you so statement. I have a cub cadet lawn tractor that was built in 1964 and have no problems finding parts. I might have to search but, they are out there. I do want to give a shout out to my local dealer in Bartlett, TN. Bartlett Small Engienes. They beat my Exmark dealer one block from my house in the 38122 zip by a mile.