Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-23-2014, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

V-ride bagger

Well I finally got my v-ride bagger done and figured I'd share. Today was the first full day of using it and I have no complaints. I was really worried about switching to a stander since I do bag almost everything, but this set up so far is working great.

It's a regular bagger set up for a rider, I fabricated the deck mount, and the hopper mount. I also didn't want to bolt the bagging baffles to the deck since I side discharge my larger commercials and didn't want to lose the great side discharging ability of the velocity deck, so I made my own baffled and welded them to the blower unit. It took a lot of extra time but I managed to make the entire set up use only existing holes so there was no drilling/cutting/welding on the mower itself. I didn't even have intentions of using this set up for leaves in the fall since I have a 60" exmark lazer, but I had some minor clean ups today and the mower did great with leaves. I still need to throw some weights on the front, I ran it with out any today and the front gets light with full bags, I have a set of weights from the exmark that I never ran so I'm going to throw them on and it should really handle bagging fine. I also did a lot of measuring to compare it to my exmark, the hopper sits at the same height as the exmark, the hopper sits 4" closer to the rear wheels axis than the exmark, and has a way better trim side clearence, which is really nice while mowing close to objects.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2014, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I love it! I have a 52'' vride and my biggest issue is I have only been able to run a side catcher. ive thought of something along the lines of what you did, but actually seeing it done is awesome!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yea I haven't seen any with a rear mount bagger, just a couple with the front mounts.

Nice part is I can take the hopper and frame off in just a few seconds, I have 2 knobs you turn and it unlocks the frame.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Theres a really good chance im going to copy what you did The Vride is such an awesome mower but really lacks the ability to bag much with that little side catcher. It just fills up in record time. I was thinking some sort of tow behind bagging system because I wasn't sure of the room id have to stand with what you did. but you made it happen and it looks clean and useable. Im very jealous.

im curious about the baffles welded to the blower unit. If you took any more pics post em up!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'll grab some pictures tomorrow. I was worried about room too, I looked at pictures of other brands that people did and eyeballed that the hopper frame should extend a couple inches past the platform, I nailed it first try. I'm a big guy (fat) and I have tons of room to get on and off or just while riding I never touch the hopper.

The baffles are really just block of plates to funnel the grass to the bagger. Most grass exits the discharge at the front of the deck, which is where gravely has the tiny opening on the blower, the baffle I made just blocks the back 5 or so inches of discharge so it bounces back in to the path of the blade and gets recyled to the front of the deck and sucked up, if that makes sense.

Sadly my plasma cutter took a dump on me about 3/4 of the way in to the project, luckily I just bought a really nice set of torches this winter and finally had to crack them out. Having a plasma cutter made the project easier, it would suck to do it with just cut off wheels or even just a torch for some of the stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can kind of picture it, but wouldn't hold it against you if you put up some pics. I can forsee more vride users trying this. I for one have been daydreaming for years of turning my vride into a lean mean bagging machine. I will probably PM you sometime in the future about this. just fair warning lol
Old 10-02-2014, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Member

i know its old but i want to see more pics
Old 10-03-2014, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Subscribed for photos too. Considering tgis or front mount for my wright sentar
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2014, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

here's mine

Name:  P1100897.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  107.5 KB
Stihl KM-130R + attachments
Stihl MS 362 chainsaw
Shindaiwa DH-254 hedgetrimmer
Shindaiwa 242 string trimmer
JRCO leaf plow
JRCO dethatcher
Husqvarna 580BFS blowers
Fradan Power 18hp truckloader
accelerator large bagger
5x12 trailer with custom-made high sides and racks
Kobalt shovels, rakes, hand tools, power tools, and everything else!
Old 11-01-2014, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Member

what about back

i want to see how hopper is mounted