Register free!

Old 05-18-2011, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Member

What to use on turf weeds?

I was trying to get some help on killing weeds. I have a commercial applicators license but I don't do turfs (I do pest). I have a lot of weeds in my lawn and trying to get rid of them. I have access to all the chemicals through my supplier, but to be honest don't really know what to use and when. Any help would be apprecaited. I guess what I'm asking is what do yu professionals use and when do I apply.
Thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Im assuming your talking broadleaf? or grassy weeds? different chemicals and process for the two. little more info would help! types of weeds?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes your right on both. I actually have a problem with both. I treated the broadleaf with a box store purchase and it seemed to do alright but not completely. The big issue is the grassy weeds. The problem is I don't know the names. I live in middle ga so this might help with the types in this area.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpagej View Post
I live in middle ga so this might help with the types in this area.
Doesn't help me since you are in a warmer climate. Post pics of weeds. Generally speaking with out seeing pics your best best is to rototill, kill all and start over with a overseed. To kill most grassy weeds like tall fescue(I dont think you have that in your area) your best bet is to kill with a "roundup". I cant give much help because of climate differences. If it was my lawn depending on conditions (extreme or not so) kill weeds and overseed
Old 05-22-2011, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

tpa,
You don't do turf.........you do pests. Lawn insects?????
I don't know Georgia law but just because you carry a Commercial Pesticide license under the structural section this makes you able to purchase RUP or commercial herbicides. Your supplier documents and reports all chemicals sold to whomever buys them. Your number is on record and will show a purchase history through this company to the state agency.
Since, Insect pest control varies greatly from Commercial Weed control, Georgia must have allowances. ??????