Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-28-2011, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jim,
Is it fastened down good enough a dog couldn't chew it up off the surface and can it withstand dogs running a fence line?
Steve
Old 06-01-2011, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's supposed to be. In this case, these people don't have dogs. But I installed one a few years back for some people who run a dog rescue shelter out of their home. They always have 3-8 dogs there at any given time. And that's specifically why they wanted the turf. I put a 5-year warranty on the workmanship and they haven't called. That was 2007. So I can only assume it held up well. I think they would have called otherwise. But I haven't ever had reason to call them back and we haven't had anymore work from them since so I haven't had an opportunity to check and see.

That is one of the main purposes for SynLawn - dog runs, dog parks, etc. We installed it as per exact SynLawn guidelines. The owner of the local SynLawn dealership was even there with us helping us for part of it for about 5 hours one day as well. And from what he tells me it holds up real well to traffic from dogs.

Anything is possible with dogs though. I've seen dogs dig up pop-up spray heads on sprinkler systems and go down the the PVC pipe buried 6-8" underground and chew holes in that. So anything can happen, I guess, if the dog is really going after something. But in general I understand the stuff stands up to dog traffic really well.

The installation we did last year was for a dog as well and I know that guy's been happy with the work.

www.lewislandscape.com - Portland Oregon Landscaping Company

landscape design Portland Oregon