Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-20-2011, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Blade Recommendations: Ferris 36WB

Mower is a Ferris CCW36 (same as Snapper Pro) I am mowing with the mulching kit OFF now until the grass looses the 'Spring juice' but had some appearance issues last year when the unit was new. Cutting no more than 1/2 - 3/4" of grass (at about 3" height) would leave quite a bit of material that didn't really appear processed even though I used slow ground speeds. Just kind of a 'v. light fluff' on the surface that would make the lawn look dull after the sun dried it??

80% of the time I use mulching kit and was wondering what blades folks have found work best on this mower? Also would like to hear about blade recommendations for regular side discharge too. Right now, with the mulch kit removed stingers are a problem. I chalk this up to spring grass - even though I am mowing when conditions are as dry as possible, it is bad. I only removed the plate on the discharge port and am wondering if the second piece(front of the deck between the blades) should also be removed? I was told it wouldn't really affect the cut.