Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice, I did some sod today as well and I agree with you. Sod is fairly easy work, except what you said about the weight. I enjoy it too. Your truck is a V10 right, hows that running?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks. Yep, back is still sore. Yes truck is a V10 and does well. Eats fuel but I like Fords and their recent diesels are not for me. Plus The deal on the truck was hard to pass up. It only had 24,9XX on the odometer when I got it last year. The dual rear wheel makes towing that dump feel like its not there besides needing to rev the engine. Would much rather have a dump truck though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Job from today. Originally we were supposed to take care of the entire pool area with sod but the sod was taken out of the job and only the stone around the pool. The lawn and landscaping should take place next year. Not very happy about this job just because the rest of the yard looks like hell. It is a new build house with a hydroseed lawn but the rain is non existent here and there are ZERO trees to help shade during the day. The ground was hard as a rock but turned out ok.

The few past jobs have been putting the machine bug into my head. I could finish these jobs in half the time with a mini loader or compact tractor and renting is a pain. Also save my lower back.... We'll see what's at the fair this year! I know it costs money but I'm getting too old for this pushin wheel barrow stuff in 80 degree sunny weather. For those who cry employees, A.) I'm not big enough, B.) The machine shows up each day without being hung over or some other wasteful excuse. Plus I feel it could open opportunities that are not there right now.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a link to my first adventure in hardscaping that I posted in the Hardscape section. Too lazy to upload photos to this thread. It was definitely a process and learning experience. Luckily my brother let me do this project for him and was totally cool with the rookie mistakes I made.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=349272
Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That patio looks fricken awesome man!

-- Specializing in Quality Lawn Care and Landscape Contracting--

21 Years Old
Old 09-17-2012, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncuts54 View Post
That patio looks fricken awesome man!
Thanks. Theres definitely A LOT of mistakes in it and it was quite the learning experience. If there is a next one it will be MUCH better....
Old 09-20-2012, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some before and afters of my first hardscape project. Still needs topsoil, grass, landscaping. Learned A LOT with this one. Hardscaping is definintely something that takes more time and detail than some other landscaping projects. Looking forward to another and NOT making the same mistakes I did with this one. Good experience builder though.

Attached Images

Last edited by MDLawn; 09-20-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

more.....

Attached Images

Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

lookin good man nice work!

-- Specializing in Quality Lawn Care and Landscape Contracting--

21 Years Old
Old 10-07-2012, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Found this little gem on craigslist. It's an older Parker leaf loader that this guy fabbed up a mount to make it a leaf blower too. I wasn't sure about it but it was in such immaculate shape and in a really nice wealthy neighborhood/house. It started on the 3rd pull and ran great. I have one property with a TON of leaves so this will come in hand loading them into the truck. If it only works out this year it will pay for itself on this property and then some. Just need to fab up some cheap piping to get it to load into the trailer or try and make some sort of mount for the tailgate.
Attached Images