Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-21-2011, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea it is a 6ft bed. Definitely rare and Ford did produce them. That's what made me really like it. Something different and not a mile long like a long bed dually. More of a toy if anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
Yea it is a 6ft bed. Definitely rare and Ford did produce them. That's what made me really like it. Something different and not a mile long like a long bed dually. More of a toy if anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kinda nice, you have the room for more passengers at the length of a long bed standard cab.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-21-2011, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Plus 5k worth of payload capacity!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-22-2011, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Sweet looking ford.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 07-22-2011, 01:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Just some stripes from the other day. Glad I'm not doing any lawn/landscaping today, 92 degrees feels like 100, UV index High, Humidity 60%. At least there are 25mph winds
I was thinking about you yesterday cutting those lawns on Huntingwood going "that bastard is sitting in a nice air conditioned office!" hahaha hey if you've got any more lawns you'd like to unload let me know I'd be glad to take care of them.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 07-25-2011, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
I was thinking about you yesterday cutting those lawns on Huntingwood going "that bastard is sitting in a nice air conditioned office!" hahaha hey if you've got any more lawns you'd like to unload let me know I'd be glad to take care of them.
Yea the 67 degree room was pretty nice not to mention just being there for a few hours, and still getting paid, then leaving for the air conditioned house!! I'll be finishing out the year but I will be in touch at the end of the year about any lawns.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Sweet looking ford.
Thanks!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's been weird lately. I cannot wait to be finished with cutting lawns this year but I get this sick feeling about not doing landscaping anymore. Things were going so well. I've sold so much (of the few things I had) already and almost regret it. I definitely dont want to be mowing grass but I think I might miss the landscape work. Just bored lately I guess. Miss the self employed (although part time) feeling.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
It's been weird lately. I cannot wait to be finished with cutting lawns this year but I get this sick feeling about not doing landscaping anymore. Things were going so well. I've sold so much (of the few things I had) already and almost regret it. I definitely dont want to be mowing grass but I think I might miss the landscape work. Just bored lately I guess. Miss the self employed (although part time) feeling.
I have a friend of mine (actually the guy who works for me) who used to work for another much larger landscape company locally (who you'd know of I'm sure) until this year when he went back to school and started working for me part time. But he has quite a few side jobs between lawns and landscape jobs that he gets from friends/family/neighbors and usually I end up doing them with him and we basically split the money like 70%/30% in my favor for my time and equipment. For lawns 1 day a week we mow his 5 lawns, he keeps the money but then works for free for me doing the rest of my 14 we also do that day. It works for him, and me too I guess. But hes in the same spot you are...likes to do the work, has enough side jobs to bring in some extra money here and there, but not enough to warrant making the HUGE investment of buying all his own stuff. He'd like you I think in that he LOVES to do the work, but sees the headaches that I deal with on the business end of things and doesnt want that, and in a lot of cases, the money doesnt matter its like his hobby almost. I'm the same way, I'm doing it because I like to landscape and I like to cut grass first and foremost, but I couldnt stand working for someone else, so being a businessman comes with the territory so to say. The whole above arrangement was actually his idea, and I just said "yes" because it works for me and in the end, its MY name on the trucks that show up, MY name on the shirts we wear, and MY name on the sign that I usually try to sneak on the front lawn when we leave. How long this will go on for, I have no idea but its working great for right now!

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 08-17-2011, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Enough whining, here are more pics from few of the properties I maintain. Just some stripes.
Attached Images