Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-21-2011, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

need some input

so i am trying to perfect them family businesses website for mr.trim landscape & maintence co. and could use some input mr-trim.com
Old 05-22-2011, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

All in all I liked it. It is a little different which can be a good thing and it's a little funky but you are doing fine. Since part of your business is retail I might suggest adding a footer to each page with your contact info even though you do have a good contact page.

Your meta tags are a mess however. This is what your meta tags say.

<meta name="description" content="Engineers and Contractors.">
<meta name="keywords" content="Civil engineers, construction, engineers, engineering, construction surveyors, land surveyors, global positioning surveyors, land surveyors commercial, landscape architects">
You have no "Title" meta tag at all which is an important one. If the search engines do pull you up it will be when someone searches for an "Engineer or Contractor"

I did pull that off one of the back pages and not the home page so perhaps you have fixed them there but probably not.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Member

alright i did the meta tags here is what i put lawn, grass, mowing, lawn care, lawn mowing, cutting grass, cutting lawns, lawn cutting, mowing grass, landscape, lawns,mr.trim, mr.trim lawn, landscaping, landscaper, pruning, shrubs, strickland, stricklands,
Old 05-22-2011, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You are fast. I had just gone on your home page since I checked the meta tags on one of the back pages and did notice you had reasonably proper meta tags there.

I would suggest one other change. The "Title" meta tag for your home page is "Home" You need to change that.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Very cool design, but to be honest, your homepage has way too many text boxes on it. Furthermore, all of the text boxes on the homepage seem to be lawn tips. Lawn tips should be a separate page of your website. The homepage is by far the hardest page to design. In my opinion a home page should have a very short description of your company, a list of the services you provide, your phone number with a phrase like "call now for a free estimate", a picture or 2, etc.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron86 View Post
so i am trying to perfect them family businesses website for mr.trim landscape & maintence co. and could use some input mr-trim.com
Need major work! If you are truly in this to win ( which it seems you are) then call a professional....You have GREAT pictures and that's IT ! If a customer does find your website they will immediately be forced to close and look for another site.....give me a call and I will give you FREE tips....I work strictly with INTUIT websites....
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 05-22-2011, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringahding View Post
Need major work! If you are truly in this to win ( which it seems you are) then call a professional....You have GREAT pictures and that's IT ! If a customer does find your website they will immediately be forced to close and look for another site.....give me a call and I will give you FREE tips....I work strictly with INTUIT websites....
actualy i built the site on intuit site builder and they are hosting the site it's only a month old so i know their is a long way to go with her
Old 07-01-2011, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Anyone has already suggested you to add meta information to the code of your web pages. I'd add a few things:
- Separate the menu in a layer and put it on top.
- Create any king of logo. It will work good
- Remove the green background

Even better suggestion is to go and find amy template based on WordPress and to use it. All templates feature a very easy content management interface, including a SEO optimized web pages. Don't bother to create a website from the scratch. Hope that this will help!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
actualy i built the site on intuit site builder and they are hosting the site it's only a month old so i know their is a long way to go with her

Like I said : FREE tips.... and I know this system inside & out...
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
3 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Old 07-04-2011, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
You will never make an Intuit site rank, use Wordpress or hire it out.