Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2011, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

If it was my site, I would move the "service area" ABOVE the slideshow, and make it BIGGER. Use the code snipper directly from google places so your company name, phone displays on the map also.

-Norb, AskNorb.com
Old 06-21-2011, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Just came across this site today as I was researching some lawn equipment and found this website area. I'm actually a web designer/internet marketer and would like to offer you my opinion. I'm not looking to sell anything, just offering an opinion.

First, I'll start out with saying I'm not a big fan of Weebly. I have a client that I do SEO for that uses Weebly and I really don't like it. I've even started building him minisites and ranking those opposed to his main site. It seems everytime I change one little thing on the site, the whole thing gets messed up. I much prefer a straight html site or a wordpress site.

On your home page, the title says "Home". This is not ideal at all if you want to rank in the search engines. I recommend finding out the #1 keyword that people would be using to search for your business. For example "providence lawn service". You want to take whatever the #1 keyword is and put that as the title for your page. So it may be something like "Providence Lawn Service - A Weaver Lawn Care and Snow Removal".

Another thing you want on the home page is more content. You need written content. Around 400-500 words is great if you can do it. It doesn't have to be that long but it sure helps you to rank better. You also want to make your main keyword emphasized on the page. For example, you may want an h1 tag that says, "Looking For A Great Providence Lawn Service?", maybe an h2 tag that says, "We Are a Quality Providence Lawn Service", etc.

Make sure to claim your Google Places listing if you have not already done so. Make sure your address on there matches the address on your site. Make sure your address is on every page of your site along with your phone number. This is another very important tip for getting ranked.

The next thing I would do is simply beef up your site with content. In the blog area, you could provide tips or create postings around alternate keywords that people might be searching for to get to your site. For example, you could write a post on "Lawn Care in Providence" and all the other iterations for the city you are in.

Another thing I would do is add your phone number in the header graphic area. Make it big and make it bold. Call Today For A Free Quote or something like that.

You have a good structure going, but it just needs a little more work.

Hope that helps.

p.s. - One more tip for you to chew on. I assume you want visitors and traffic to your site so your keywords are very important to getting ranked in Google. Name your pictures by your keywords. So instead of a picture called 1235424.jpg, you would name it providence-lawn-service.jpg.