Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2011, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Member

A question

I have a question I read up on it a little bit But right now my business is very small at the moment that it makes under$5,000 a year I do have a full time job I wanted to do this job for extra money. I live in Ohio and I have no people working for me. I've read if you make under a certain amount you don't half to claim taxes because you don't make enough to be taxed on or need a vendor licensee if that was the case every little lemonade stand by little Johnny would half to be claimed. What do you guys think Am i reading this right or is there more to it. I really only do a couple of lawns right now only about 5 or 6 I really don't want to go through the "process" with a very small customer base. That doesn't mean I free ball it either. I have a first aid kit in my truck, safety logos jeans, eye protection, ear protection head protection. And I'm keeping track of my customers, invoices and expenses right now. I don't think I need any special licensing I don't do landscaping I don't put down anything on lawns. I just mow and weed whack that's all. What do you guys think I should do?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cut the grass, collect the money and go home.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Okay but lets say in a couple of years my business grows what typically do you half to do if I gross over the limit that is allowed what did you guys half to go through? Thanks for the reply