Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-12-2002, 02:51 AM
LawnSite Member

New Guy

Hey Lawnsite Guys,
I have been reading on the forum for about a week now and decided it was time I finally posted something. I have just been doing all the learning all I can and getting ready to move from the IT industry to Lawn Care. I worked my way through college mowing lawns and now I am ready to get back to my true love. I am getting my business started in the spring. Just doing all the leg work now. Getting accounts, selecting equipment, etc. I have been experimenting on my friends lawns to do some hands on stuff lately. You guys post some great and useful info and I hope to be able to contribute as much as you guys do in the years to come. Thanks for all the great ideas and information.

Dave
Cincinnati, Ohio
Old 10-12-2002, 03:23 AM
LawnSite Member

ddavisjr:

welcome to lawnsite this is a great place to

learn about lawn care. hope you enjoy it as

much as i do

good luck
Old 10-12-2002, 05:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome and the best of luck to you. I am from the Cincinnati area also.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

DDavis...welcome...I've been coming to this site for less than a year and my biz is about that old as well. Hopefully if you get nothing out of this site but the following then great.....be a pro, act like a pro, look like a pro, do pro quality work....and maintain a professional pricing structure...you will do yourself and the rest of us a favor by doing so. You dont have to buy every new lawn toy on the block in order to be considered a professional...but when you do buy, listen to these guys ...they are rarely wrong...good luck
Old 10-12-2002, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Welcome aboard Dave.

I see you are leaving the IT industry for lawn care. I also work in IT. I'm a contractor for Compuware doing mainframe, Cobol work for Bank One in Columbus, Ohio.

I would love to do lawn care full time and drop out of the corporate rat race, but for the time being I am a part time lawn guy. IT pays great, but the work sucks.

Best of luck to you,

Cliff Cavin
Columbus, Ohio
BubbaDogSoftware.dnsalias.net
Old 10-12-2002, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello Dave...and welcome to Lawnsite!

The first year is always the toughest. Gathering all the info you can from this site will sure make it a whole lot easier to survive it...and definately increase the odds that your business will suceed in the coming years.

Lawnsite's contributing members have saved me tons of time, money, aggravation, and grief.

Glad to have you aboard, Dave.....and best of luck to you!
Old 10-12-2002, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Welcome.

I just joined as well after following the forum for a while. I'm a business analyst with the government and former landscaper who just returned to the lawn maintenance industry after my former clients encouraged me to do so.

The forum is definitely an excellent business tool.
2004 Sierra 2500 crewcab 4x4, 2006 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Exmark Laser HP, Toro proline mowers, tanaka trimmers and pole hedge saw, Tanaka edger, husqvarna blower and hedge saw, Ryan dethatcher, Top 83" x 12' trailer, Top 83" x 18' tandem trailer, Ryan Lawnaire 4 Aerator, Western Pro plus plow andabunchofotherstuff.