Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-11-2011, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

OK tell him this and see if he is better find a HIGH res picture of your mower brand and place it simular to my pic i scribbled since the last post tell him to add shadow to your name and use different colors to make its stand out just make it contrast with the BLUE try a orange or yellow??? i included a rendering of our trucks to show you pop it is navy blue with orange shadow and orange with blue shadow ... your guy is getting there. also consider adding grass between the bars and the black line if you used the mower idea to represent the turf
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2011, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Okay, thanks.

I requested a revision on this one and replied with the following:

I have uploaded a picture titled WALK BEHIND FOR SWOOP.JPEG. I have included it only to show an example of what I am talking about when I say walk behind mower.

If you can add shadow to my name and use orange or yellow to make it stand out. Just make it contrast with the blue. At the end of the swoop add a walk behind mower and maybe add grass between the bars and the black line to represent turn.

This is word for word, the instructions I have given.

Thanks again for your help.

I'll post what I get.

Keep in mind that I have a total of 3 logos coming so don't be alarmed if I post one very different than the blue. I have already requested a revision on another that I asked to have a commercial property with a residential in the front. I took that idea from a supermarket add with a cow, pig, and chicken within each other. I figure what the heck, I get three and only need one.

Either way, I will post each one as they come.

Thanks again.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i like the way it is comming . with those instructions i am interested in what comes of it i think you will like it its more about letting them create then to have a goal in mind and him falling short . i also understood his explination of the quality being lower on here then in person .... mine looks bad on here lol . your about set boss .
Old 06-11-2011, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

have you considered a web page ...CutYourGrass.com....ect,,,it is catchy as a motto CanWeCutYourLawn.com WeCanCutYourGrass.com
Old 06-11-2011, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
have you considered a web page ...CutYourGrass.com....ect,,,it is catchy as a motto CanWeCutYourLawn.com WeCanCutYourGrass.com
That will be coming soon.

Right now I have so many balls in the air that I want to wait for them all to finish spinning (so to speak).

My trailer is being modified to meet my requirements, logo, advertisement, invoices, accountant, insurance, anti-theft for the trailer and equipment. The list goes on, and on, as I am sure you know. I am even considering adding another aspect to my business. (Parking lot cleaning). That in itself will be a major undertaking.

I figure the more services I offer the better chance I have.

So, once I have my lawn care aspect up and running, I will get the site designed.

I did a little web design in school and I don't think I have the time to take it on myself. Some things are best left up to the professionals.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutyourgrass View Post
Here is the last revision for the number 3 above.

this might work, have them connect the bars to resemble an "M"and maybe play with different colors.

It's the only job i know,
Where i can walk in circles and talk to myself
And no one thinks i'm crazy.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Beware: I've tried (and spent hundreds) with online logo services and have never been happy. I doubt they employ real graphic artists, rather computer savvy nerds toying around with clipart and the like. It just shows.....always. Find a local graphic artist and you'll end up happier in the short and long-term.

A question to ask if how well will this logo print in black and white, or do you always intend to use it in full color? Understand in full color it will cost more to produce, whether on paper, fabric, vinyl (usually). My put a limit of two colors for my logo so it'd still have color, but wouldn't cost too much when I had things printed.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I think I am finished with Logoinn.com Below is the latest revision after i refused the below logo that was sent with what looked like my child made it.

I talked to a person on chat and he gave very direct instructions to the designer. Well, below is what I got and I think I am just going to take this as a lesson learned and move on.

They told me that they do not use stock art for their logo's. I don't know what else they are using if not.

The issue I have with it is the lawn mower that looks like one of those little fisher price lawn mowers my child had when she was a child. I have way expect to see bubble coming up out of the picture.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

consider this first..... if you take a pic offline of your type mower and send it to the logo company and have them shrink it to fit they can .....most design co have programs to manipulate high res pics.....give it a try first because it will look good
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-21-2011, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutyourgrass View Post
Okay, here is round 3 of the revisions. I think they are getting better.
Don't think about the name in the logo because I am thinking of changing it to
MOORE PROPERTY MAINTENACE

Your thoughts please. I am partial to the looks of # 1.

I still like #1 the best. The rest I really don't like to much including the final revision.