Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfabinc View Post
You have an outlaw, which is a completely different deck than I do. The factory has already admitted cut quality issues in certain types of grass with the ADS deck, and if we were told this from the start, we could have taken that into consideration for the lower price on the mower. Bottom line is that the dealer told us a bunch of false claims about how great this mower is, and now that he got paid in cash at the sale, hes bailing out and doesnt want to fix the problem, and Im not going out of my way, at my expense to deal with this mower. Thats why there are laws to protect consumers when they get jacked on a deal like this.
Sounds like you are going to have to make that dealer fix it, or refund it then. I hope you get your money back from him. Otherwise I'm not sure what BB can, or will do. Makes it harder for BB to help you get it repaired quickly, unless you wait for the rep to pick it up and carry it somewhere else to repair.
Dealers like that need to be stopped but not sure how that will go. Report him to the BBB so no one else gets ripped off. This could drag out a while how long can your back up mower hold out? Let us know how it all turns out.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate saying it but you have 2 options. Take it to the dealer an hour away and bite the bullet. Or get your laywer in the mix. A few letters from an attourney to BB will get the wheels turning on thier part.

It would be cheaper for them to take your mower back and move it as a demo at another dealer and give you a brand new one then to have to pay thier laywers XXX an hour to fight with you on the issue.

But im not BB and I can see that they have a rather large ego and might try and fight you on the matter.

Either way, best of luck to you and I am pulling for you to get taken care of in a proper manner on thier part. A few more posts here on the negative side will also get thier wheels turning. They hate bad press, ALL companies do. Im just suprised that they have not been more involved with getting your issues solved. Its really sad to see compaines act in the manner that they are treating you.

IF a dealer cant solve your issue. They need to have someone from the factory solve your issue.

I do think that if BB gets a better dealer basis, they will have much better product reputation. Only time will tell what is in the future for BB. They need to focus on getting dealers with a good reputation. Not dealers who sell mowers beside thier antiques and monster trucks.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Its not bad boys fault as much as it is the dealers. They told me at the factory that I bought the mower from the dealer, not them, and I would have to handle it with the dealer. True, there are problems with the mower, that cant be passed by, but bottom line is that somebody has to hold these dealers accountable for piss poor customer service. I have spoken with other dealers in the area that sell wrights, and exmarks, and they said that if a customer was that unhappy with their product, they would immediately refund their money and help them any way they could so that the customer would have good things to say about their experiance, and may give them a shot at their business in the future. Playing the blame game, and the fact that the dealer even made comments about bad boys flaws just totally ruined it for me. Its hard to have faith in what you are running for a living when even the dealer say its not as good as it should be AFTER you bought it.
I just posted that to see how long it took to remove it as your dealer is a sponsor of the site. I am also shocked because as I remember your dealer was posting on the Internet a while back saying he was going to build his own mower called redneck mowers. Hell if he has the tools to build a mower and is smart enough to design his own mower he should be able to fix the bad boy quickly.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
Dealers like that need to be stopped but not sure how that will go.
Not likely all companies care about is sales, this guy sells a lot of units online, that others have to support a few local customers pissed off about service will not affect him that much as for sales. Any reputable company should drop a dealer from being on here trying to sell units from his shop to customers he could not support. We should be taking care of the equipment we sell, these are $10,000 machines not toasters.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
You have an outlaw, which is a completely different deck than I do. The factory has already admitted cut quality issues in certain types of grass with the ADS deck, and if we were told this from the start, we could have taken that into consideration for the lower price on the mower. Bottom line is that the dealer told us a bunch of false claims about how great this mower is, and now that he got paid in cash at the sale, hes bailing out and doesnt want to fix the problem, and Im not going out of my way, at my expense to deal with this mower. Thats why there are laws to protect consumers when they get jacked on a deal like this.

You said you bought two of these mowers.....
So are you wanting refunds on both of the mowers or just one?

You know, living in a dry county, I have to drive 30 minutes one way just to buy Beer or Liquor.

If you have almost 30 grand tied up in two mowers and are not willing to drag them to a competent dealer 1 hour away, it makes me question your true motive. Im guessing you got the cheapest price from this guy that is offering you no service. There are countless guys on this site that drive way out of their way to get good support from a decent dealer and mechanic. Many others breakup with their dealer from a mishap and move on to one they prefer better. You talk about how you could have bought this brand of mower or could have bought that brand of mower, but then say the dealer lied to you? Can you elaborate on these lies? If you were seasoned in knowing how important support is with these machines, why dont you find that new dealer and get your machine fixed? Not to mention, you spent that much money on two mowers and didnt even try them out to find that they cut poorly? This is not making sense....
You know, there are several dealers in my small town of 50K that I would never let touch any of my handhelds or mowers, but guess what, there are tons of them like this all over the U.S.
Im pretty certain BB will get your mowers right and stand by their warranty, but a bailout.......or I mean, refund....Im doubting this.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammmerhead View Post
You said you bought two of these mowers.....
So are you wanting refunds on both of the mowers or just one?

You know, living in a dry county, I have to drive 30 minutes one way just to buy Beer or Liquor.

If you have almost 30 grand tied up in two mowers and are not willing to drag them to a competent dealer 1 hour away, it makes me question your true motive. Im guessing you got the cheapest price from this guy that is offering you no service. There are countless guys on this site that drive way out of their way to get good support from a decent dealer and mechanic. Many others breakup with their dealer from a mishap and move on to one they prefer better. You talk about how you could have bought this brand of mower or could have bought that brand of mower, but then say the dealer lied to you? Can you elaborate on these lies? If you were seasoned in knowing how important support is with these machines, why dont you find that new dealer and get your machine fixed? Not to mention, you spent that much money on two mowers and didnt even try them out to find that they cut poorly? This is not making sense....
You know, there are several dealers in my small town of 50K that I would never let touch any of my handhelds or mowers, but guess what, there are tons of them like this all over the U.S.
Im pretty certain BB will get your mowers right and stand by their warranty, but a bailout.......or I mean, refund....Im doubting this.
you apparently misread something. I bought 1 of these mowers. This dealer, or any of the others in NC,dont offer a demo for this model. Thats why I had to rely on what the dealer told me about the quality of this machine and the job that it will perform. As far as the false statements the dealer told me : the biggest being the cut quality. I asked him face to face about the cut quality and he replied "excelent". I also stated the type of grass I was cutting, and he said i would have NO issues, that it would give a nice finish. Then, after all this blew up, he tried to tell my wife and I that it was because the grass had an irrigation system, that was causing the problem....how lame is that! Then he proceeds to tell us that Bad Boy was behind on there engineering, and that the problems we are having are just going to have to be tolerated. Then, I asked the dealer about dealer support if we had an issue, or something broke, he replied that they had great customer service and that he really takes care of the commercial guys.... well, you can see how that turned out. Then, being as dis-satisfied as we are with the mower, he first said we cant return it, then said we could but was going to keep 10% of the purchase price since the equipment was used. Funny thing is that there is no mention of this on the invoice, or in the store about a return policy for used equipment. according to the BBB, this would have to be on the invoice or posted in the store to be valid. All that crap, on top of him calling bad boy and slandering us(which we have proof) is why we want a refund and to be done with this whole fiasco.

Last edited by smithfabinc; 08-18-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-18-2011, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
you apparently misread something. I bought 1 of these mowers. This dealer, or any of the others in NC,dont offer a demo for this model. Thats why I had to rely on what the dealer told me about the quality of this machine and the job that it will perform. As far as the false statements the dealer told me : the biggest being the cut quality. I asked him face to face about the cut quality and he replied "excelent". I also stated the type of grass I was cutting, and he said i would have NO issues, that it would give a nice finish. Then, after all this blew up, he tried to tell my wife and I that it was because the grass had an irrigation system, that was causing the problem....how lame is that! Then he proceeds to tell us that Bad Boy was behind on there engineering, and that the problems we are having are just going to have to be tolerated. Then, I asked the dealer about dealer support if we had an issue, or something broke, he replied that they had great customer service and that he really takes care of the commercial guys.... well, you can see how that turned out. Then, being as dis-satisfied as we are with the mower, he first said we cant return it, then said we could but was going to keep 10% of the purchase price since the equipment was used. Funny thing is that there is no mention of this on the invoice, or in the store about a return policy for used equipment. according to the BBB, this would have to be on the invoice or posted in the store to be valid. All that crap, on top of him calling bad boy and slandering us(which we have proof) is why we want a refund and to be done with this whole fiasco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colehog View Post
One month ago bought 2 Bad Boy 28 hp diesel mowers. Have tried many mowers before deciding on these 2, liked the ride and decent cut. Problems started after one week, deck bearing went out, paint chipping off, hydraulic leak, bolts on exhaust guard vibrated off, and after 30 days went to get on mower and the deck won't move up or down. What to do? I like the mowers except for the problems. Called bad boy said some things might be fixed under warranty but would sell me a can of spray paint for 13.99. Instead of working tomorrow I will be driving 70 miles to dealer to get issues fixed. Hope this is not an ongoing problem especially for the price you pay. A little unhappy right now so venting since I paid for NEW equipment so I wouldn't have to work on equipment all the time. Anyone else with these issues?? More reviews to come good or bad.

Cole Hog - 2 bad boy 28 hp Diesel
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Kawasaki Weedeaters
Kawasaki Stick Edger
Redman Blower

You stated that you bought 2 mowers in your original post. Your signature says you own 2 badboy 28 hp Diesels. ???

Did you already own one before or what gives here?

If the dealer is offering 90% of your original purchase price, I would take that and run. An Attorney will probably charge you way more than than that to take on BB.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
You stated that you bought 2 mowers in your original post. Your signature says you own 2 badboy 28 hp Diesels. ???

Did you already own one before or what gives here?

If the dealer is offering 90% of your original purchase price, I would take that and run. An Attorney will probably charge you way more than than that to take on BB.
Thats not my post, thats from Cole Hog, and he also had issues with the two he bought...
Old 08-18-2011, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Thats not my post, thats from Cole Hog, and he also had issues with the two he bought...
Duh!! Well I guess I could use a good knock in the head over that one.

Sorry about that Smithfabinc. Hope it all works out for you guys. So have you figured out what you will replace it with yet?
Old 08-18-2011, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Duh!! Well I guess I could use a good knock in the head over that one.

Sorry about that Smithfabinc. Hope it all works out for you guys. So have you figured out what you will replace it with yet?
Its all good, we all have those duh moments from time to time. Im guessing we are gonna go with either an exmark or a hustler. We have a few local deales that REALLY stand behind what they sell, and most of the other LCO's around here either run one or the other. Cut quality is Great on both, and I dont think either one of those guys would say "well, you have irrigation on those propertys, and thats the problem"....... thats a new one on me....
Closed Thread