Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If I had BB mowers lined up in front of my shop for sale and read this thread, I would be giving them a call to find someone in that area to handle this. This situation hurts everyone and is just alienating BB even further from the short list brands. Seems like when other guys with other brand mowers have an issue and things get muddy some dealer pops in the thread and say's, "Hey, give me a call and let me see what I can do about it".
Old 08-19-2011, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammmerhead View Post
If I had BB mowers lined up in front of my shop for sale and read this thread, I would be giving them a call to find someone in that area to handle this. This situation hurts everyone and is just alienating BB even further from the short list brands. Seems like when other guys with other brand mowers have an issue and things get muddy some dealer pops in the thread and say's, "Hey, give me a call and let me see what I can do about it".
Thats because they stand behind their brand. When a MAJOR Turf and Irrigation supply company in the carolinas drops them from the line up, and you ask them why, They reply that they had warranty and parts issues, and I can see why now. I didnt know that till after I made the mistake of buying one. I guess they got the same message when they called the factory too.... Oh, he's in a meeting, or If you dont like how it cuts, try a bunch of different blades at your expense cause we have no idea what to do to the mower we build, or the world famous response they give "well you are the only one that has had this problem"....... As far as Im concerned, these mowers are just a polished turd! Its shiny, but its still a turd! I hope I never again have to explain to a customer why the new mower I got leaves such a crappy cut, and Im tired of everybody asking if I got it at tractor supply..... I guess I should have, cause then if I kept my receipt, I could take it back when I found out how bad it sucks!
Old 08-20-2011, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Member

You know if I didn't know better I would think you were talking about the Beast brand mower.

But at least they flew out a factory mechanic to try and fix a problem a homeowner had with a beast mower. Thou in didn't solve the bad design.

But the factory did try to fix the issue.

If BB want's the bitching to stop fix or replace the mower make the customer happy.(the customer is always right) Then BB will become heroes, known to stand behind their mowers regardless of a bad dealer that won't support their mowers.

BB is being to short sighted and not seeing the long term gain with the Smithfabinc's problem.

Last edited by Mtnmn; 08-20-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnmn View Post
You know if I didn't know better I would think you were talking about the Beast brand mower.

But at least they flew out a factory mechanic to try and fix a problem a homeowner had with a beast mower.
Thou in didn't solve the bad design.

But the factory did try to fix the issue.

If BB want's the bitching to stop fix or replace the mower make the customer happy.(the customer is always right) Then BB will become heroes, known to stand behind their mowers regardless of a bad dealer that won't support their mowers.

BB is being to short sighted and not seeing the long term gain with the Smithfabinc's problem.
That is exactly what I was thinking as I was reading this thread.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Member

A lesson on standing behind your product & customer support

Hey Bad Boy go to this thread http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=355237&page=7 and start with post #64 and see how Oregon OEP handles a problem with one of their blades!

This lesson is free and worth more than you are capable of understanding in short or long term returns.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnmn View Post
Hey Bad Boy go to this thread http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=355237&page=7 and start with post #64 and see how Oregon OEP handles a problem with one of their blades!

This lesson is free and worth more than you are capable of understanding in short or long term returns.
Thats right, thats how a company that wants to stay in business does it. They dont wait around and hope the problem goes away, they fix it and make the customer happy, so they will get return business. Who gives a crap about what washed up star you gave a mower to, or what bull rider you sponsor.... heck those people dont even mow their own grass, and I bet the guy that is mowing it aint riding a bad boy.... I know now why I havent seen any bad boy mowers on the back of any major landscape group trucks around our part of NC, its because they cant depend on them. When a company only warranties a product for the minimum the government will allow, thats not saying much about something that has this kind of price tag.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfabinc View Post
Thats right, thats how a company that wants to stay in business does it. They dont wait around and hope the problem goes away, they fix it and make the customer happy, so they will get return business. Who gives a crap about what washed up star you gave a mower to, or what bull rider you sponsor.... heck those people dont even mow their own grass, and I bet the guy that is mowing it aint riding a bad boy.... I know now why I havent seen any bad boy mowers on the back of any major landscape group trucks around our part of NC, its because they cant depend on them. When a company only warranties a product for the minimum the government will allow, thats not saying much about something that has this kind of price tag.
Update...... you guys will love this....lol. I had a call yesterday from the area sales rep that said the dealer would return the mower minus a 10% charge. Being as agravated as I am with this deal, I called the dealer after I got off the phone with the rep. Left a message, and got no reply, so I again called this morning and they told me he wasnt in yet.....liars....lol. I guess someone forgot to tell him to stay out of view of their live webcams they have at the dealership. I called from a different number and got him on the phone, and heres what he had to say.... The 10% deal was for last week, cause he had someone to buy the mower, so now he has ordered a new one for that guy, so he wont return this one.... WHAT A CROCK OF BS! I waited all last week and made several calls to the dealer and the rep, and neither one would return a call. So at the end of the phone call, he said I would just have to get an attorney if I wanted to return the mower. Careful what you wish for, cause thats exactly what we did. Its "GAME ON" now, so I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome, great job. I don't know you but i totally support your decision. You definitely need to call this guy out on his BS. Please please please keep us update and wish you the best of luck.

IMPEACH OBAMA

Barry is killing our Constitution
Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Are there lemon laws in effect in your state? Good luck, and yes, please do keep us posted.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahammer View Post
Are there lemon laws in effect in your state? Good luck, and yes, please do keep us posted.
yes, there are, and thanks guys, I will keep yall up on what is going on with this.
Closed Thread