Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Good post Ted. Good to know two sides of a story and retro even gives you a nice recommendation. For a company to stay in business they must he honest and have good customer relations, that is why I think you done all you could for the customer. He should have sold it back to you when he had the chance. Print all this out and if he hires and lawyer and takes you to court, they will know who is lying.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-24-2011, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Lol, my wife posted pics on our facebook, I let the kids play in the yard with water toys for hours and then cut...lol. It was so wet I got the cheetah stuck in my yard.... Had to do the same thing a couple of months ago testing out an outfront zipper. My biggest complaint about my front deck hopper was the handling of the wet grass, I loved the zipper in dry conditions but had to get creative in a short week for wet grass. I even drove around with it on my trailer looking for freshly sprinkled yards, but I guess the guys that mow those yards dont have anything else to do, most said they put heavy fertilizer for free on their yards and turned up the sprinklers, I even called some of my LCOs I had in my phone to see if I could help them mow.... Everything I tried to find to mow was freshly cut, or very little grass to cut...lol.
I cant believe zipper is not talked about more, it was a really nice mower, alot of diamond plate steel, powerfold deck standard, 28hp kawasaki (with an enclosed engine compartment. I could whisper over the motor running), screaming power with the 28hp, I think they run a really high rpm on the blade tip speed (I would guess way more than I am used too, maybe even like 24000 it was sick), the blades were screaming, handles even very overgrown stuff perfectly, easy fold out design, waay simplier to work on than a hopper, and not to mention a 61" front deck for $9999 was sweet, their 54" was $7999 in the front deck with a 25hp kawasaki. Custom powdercoated any color for $300, 5 year parts and labor warranty on everything, I was really blown away by the mower. I thought it was a little rough (rep said they have a suspension option now, blow out on the front of the deck was bad (rep said they have an adjustable lip option to fix), and the controls were very touchy (rep said they offer steering dampners for an option). With those three options they have a near perfect front deck. No striping, but everything looked manicured that I mowed, I mean everything even grass taller than the mower...lol, I would go with the dual tail wheel option too because the middle wheel left a strange looking mark in the yard.. I told him to come back with one for my to try with those options, and he has him a huckleberry for sure....
Sounds very interesting.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello Ted, As informationial as your post was. I dont think it was the most profesonal manner to discuss customer to business relations directly on here for the whole world to see. And to post a copy of his invoice is personal information between you and the customer. I can understand your frustrations as a delaer, but this is not the place to respond to your customer.

That being said, I appriciate the response you have given and there is allways 2 sides to the story. I have been frustrated with customers as well and wanted to tell them to get an attourney. But thats not the profesonal manner to handle the situation. Surely as a BB dealer you have means to contact them and have them help with the issue?

Anyways best of luck to you and to MR smith on the matter and hope one side can come to a meeting point on the matter.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colehog View Post
One month ago bought 2 Bad Boy 28 hp diesel mowers. Have tried many mowers before deciding on these 2, liked the ride and decent cut. Problems started after one week, deck bearing went out, paint chipping off, hydraulic leak, bolts on exhaust guard vibrated off, and after 30 days went to get on mower and the deck won't move up or down. What to do? I like the mowers except for the problems. Called bad boy said some things might be fixed under warranty but would sell me a can of spray paint for 13.99. Instead of working tomorrow I will be driving 70 miles to dealer to get issues fixed. Hope this is not an ongoing problem especially for the price you pay. A little unhappy right now so venting since I paid for NEW equipment so I wouldn't have to work on equipment all the time. Anyone else with these issues?? More reviews to come good or bad.

Cole Hog - 2 bad boy 28 hp Diesel
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Kawasaki Weedeaters
Kawasaki Stick Edger
Redman Blower
I have a 2009 AOS 35 hp Diesel with 72 inch cut. We looked at lots of mowers and really like the bad boy. The only problem we are having is that we have to replace drive belts about every 50 hours at about $100 each. We have taken it to two different dealers 2 times each for a fix. They canít seem to fix it. I have been told by both dealers that it is a poor belt design. I have talked with 2 other guys that are having the same problems one is running the diesel and the other was running the big gas engine. Those are the only guys I know that are running the high HP machines but both dealers have indicated that they are having problems with belts. The regional rep stopped returning my calls shortly after the warranty ran out. A friend of ours that runs a mowing business was going to buy bad boy machines but after the problems we have had he wrote letters to the regional rep and the reply was that I should contact the rep, however he wonít answer our calls. Needless to say my friend has purchased 2 exmarts instead.
Retrodog has given me some things to try to correct the problem, I wish he was my dealer. We will try these when we can get some shop time on the machine. My next machine will be an exmart or John Deere. I donít have the time or money to spend on new equipment to keep it running.

Andre
Old 08-24-2011, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHUSTLER View Post
Hello Ted, As informationial as your post was. I dont think it was the most profesonal manner to discuss customer to business relations directly on here for the whole world to see. And to post a copy of his invoice is personal information between you and the customer. I can understand your frustrations as a delaer, but this is not the place to respond to your customer.

That being said, I appriciate the response you have given and there is allways 2 sides to the story. I have been frustrated with customers as well and wanted to tell them to get an attourney. But thats not the profesonal manner to handle the situation. Surely as a BB dealer you have means to contact them and have them help with the issue?

Anyways best of luck to you and to MR smith on the matter and hope one side can come to a meeting point on the matter.
Theres his side, my side and what really happened. The Invoice he posted looks nothing like the invoice that I have for the mower. Mine clearly states who I bought it from, and it WAS NOT his online store. Also, evryone that mows grass for a living has to mow from time to time when there is dew on the grass, but for everybody ealse that manufactures a mower, they dont seem to have a problem. Another false statement is that I drove by two other bad boy dealers to get to his shop..... false, look at a dealer search on bad boys website and look at where salisbury is in relation to other dealers. The only thing he said that was right was that I did....key word did, have 1 hustler super Z and a trimstar walk behind on craigslist. If he told the rest of the story, he would tell you that it also came with a 16ft trailer, and 30 customers to go with it. Yes, we did downsize, and the landscape group that bought the equipment and customers is happy. I kept our church contracts, and the customers that I wanted to keep doing work for. We did, at one time own a hustler Z diesel, and that was my reason for wanting another diesel. I like saving money on fuel. I believed the BS about that this was a better value, and I personally asked about the cut quality of this machine before I bought it, and was told it was great. I relied on the dealers advice when I told him what I was going to be using the mower for. Its no where near great, Wet or dry. Also, burnishing brake linings is done with the same brake lining material, not a grinder disk. ANSI standards doesnt appprove of a grinder being used to burnish brake drums or linings. Also, there was a failure to mention that we came to the dealership the week after we bought the mower, and the week after that, and the week after that to discuss problems with the machine, and all he wanted to do was make some phone calls. Also, we didnt spend 11g's to be a guinea pig and to have someone who clearly doesnt know anything about mowing nice lawns hack up our mower. And as far as the last time we went to the dealership, that was after we were put off another 4 days waiting on him to make a phone call. At that time, it was more than appropriate to ask for a refund, especially when you have the dealer AND the factory saying they dont know what to do to make it provide nicer cuts and discharge without clumping, and not to mention the mechanical problems. Its more than a loose wire, or something that just didnt get tight.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
The only thing I didn't point out is that the factory has one, offered to meet you at a diferent dealership to resolve problems (because you don't get along with your local obviously), send you parts to your house for free, and then to top it off, offered to come to your house to evaluate your mower (immediatly after their personal preplanned vacation, which I noticed most of the reps take this time of year).
It just seems like you don't really want it fixed, or the situation resolved. A the next dealer is too far B you don't like the idea of the parts coming to your house for free C You don't like waiting till labor day.
This whole situation is so simple, check the wire on your temp guage (prolly is loose at the place it plugs in), tighten your brake cable a little, if the idler arm is bent....replace it, your belts are covered for 90 days, so you havent had to pay for a belt if it did break because of the bent arm, and finally on the exhaust cover, either throw it in the scrap metal pile, or put the bolts back in it with locktite. If you are mowing wet tall grass, just plan on double cutting until you figue out what blades work best for the clumping issue. I know its scary to have issues right out of the box on your new equipment, but as I tell everyone that purchases equipment, if you are gonna have unusual issues, its usually during the break in period, after that you are usually good to go.. I have mowed on alot of mowers, and all mowers clump in wet tall grass to some degree (yes even on a Velocity plus, mowed on a cheetah in lots of situations last month). I do admit the 61" deck does handle the grass better than the 60", but its not a failure of the machine, simply an opinion of cut quality.
I have seen motors lock up in less than 3 hours (4 now), thats what a warranty is for to fix something like that, protects the consumer and the biz.
Just curious, under NC law, what would you actually be sueing for (or under what grounds). If its a long shot, I would be extremely worried about a countersue for defamation.
Here is just one case I found the poster simply posted anonymously that people in the company were liars, and the company won.
http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2...ion_lawsu.html
Not trying to be a dick or anything, just noticing from a distance that they are trying to work with you to resolve your issues anyway they can... I don't think anyone has refused to fix your mower for you, the day that comes, then you have every right as a consumer to sue away.
The factory bringing me another one isnt going to fix the problem that I relied on a dealers knowledge of the machine I was looking to purchase. I asked him about cut quality, how it discharges, and all the stuff thats important to leave a good job, and he told me a bunch of bs just to make the sale. Thats the problem. I have all the false info documented, and a paper trail a mile long on this whole deal. After giving them ample time to correct the problem, its time to go a different route. Of the 4 times we had it back to the dealership, they only worked on it 1 time, and that was for the park brake issue. When the factory tells me that I bought it from the dealer, and thats who I need to handle it through, thats what I will do. Its funny because the invoice he is posting IS NOT the invoice. I guess I need to post all three of our copies so you guys can see the real one.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Moderator, Online Communities

time to wrap this one up...some things that were posted need, and should, be discussed in a private setting and not here on the site

thanks