Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfabinc View Post
We tried the gator G6 baldes, a set of "wave" type blades, and a set of high and low lift standard blades. Nothing helped the cut except to wait until after lunch time when the grass is bone dry to cut, but as a commercial cutter, that kills half the day. Ive heard the new outlaw decks are better, but wont fit the aos diesel line. It really says alot about the dealer, and I hope that all the crap Im going through helps someone in the future make a better choice. Im not saying its all bad boys fault, but dealers are a direct representative of a company, and it should have been handled there. Being as dis-pleased as we are with this mower, we asked for a refund, but were told he would only give us a used trade in value for the mower thats only three weeks old. All a rep from the company could tell us is we could either take the mower to a different dealer thats an hour away, or sell it on craigslist. Its just not right to have to loose that much money on a new mower because of poor dealer support, or have to depend on another dealer that is an hour away.
I have never seen that problem after the g6 blades were installed. I would have to figure without seeing the machine that the deck isnt leveled correctly. Im not saying it will correct the problem in your situation since i dont know your conditions but its very much worth the time to find out. Remember that the deck changes pitch as you lower it. Be sure to level it at the height you will be cutting.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOctagon View Post
I have never seen that problem after the g6 blades were installed. I would have to figure without seeing the machine that the deck isnt leveled correctly. Im not saying it will correct the problem in your situation since i dont know your conditions but its very much worth the time to find out. Remember that the deck changes pitch as you lower it. Be sure to level it at the height you will be cutting.
Thanks for the advise, but we tried that also. We usually cut at 3.5 to 3.75" and we leveled the deck at that height. We also tried adding 0.5 and then 1 degree pitch down in the front, like the old great dane decks used to have, and that didnt clear it up. The grass builds a big chunk on the rear of the discharge opening, and seems to have alot of buildup under the deck that sticks to the front baffles, and then it really goes to crap. they are making a piece to put in the rear of the discharge opening, but then that restricts the discharge opening to a much smaller area. The grass we cut is on high end properties, that are picture perfect, thick and well irrigated. My wife "The BOSS" and I sat down with the dealer and tried to solve the problem, which basically ended with us having to get legal advise on how to deal with this dealer. He made alot of false statements and promises that he didnt keep after the sale, and this mower is only three weeks old.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully BadBoy knows that making this right is worth every penny they've spent on advertising this year.
Why wouldn't they just haul you out another for you to try, and if everything works good on it just pick up yours and leave the new one with you? They can take it back and use it as research, then refurbish it to work correctly and sell it.
I'm sure you'd be singing praises and building goodwill within the LCO community.

This site gets a lot of viewership, and I suspect a lot of the viewers are homeowners and weekend warriors that are deferring to the pros for their opinions.

Bottom line is that on these new machines, you should jump on one, mow and say holy S*!T, that's awesome!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Member

its about time some truth comes out about bad boy, $100 bucks says it will be blocked or deleted soon though.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowick View Post
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully BadBoy knows that making this right is worth every penny they've spent on advertising this year.
Why wouldn't they just haul you out another for you to try, and if everything works good on it just pick up yours and leave the new one with you? They can take it back and use it as research, then refurbish it to work correctly and sell it.
I'm sure you'd be singing praises and building goodwill within the LCO community.

This site gets a lot of viewership, and I suspect a lot of the viewers are homeowners and weekend warriors that are deferring to the pros for their opinions.

Bottom line is that on these new machines, you should jump on one, mow and say holy S*!T, that's awesome!
Bad publicity doesn't much matter. Mark my words....this thread is gone. Anything negative about badboy doesn't get resolved, it gets deleted. This is exactly why everyone slams them. If the guy came on today and said they did what you suggested, they would be heros but instead they want to be the PBR's official mower and the official mower of the Texas Rangers......seriously

As I said in another thread, a dealer came in very close to me and I took one for a spin. It LOOKED like a well built machine and was a comfortable ride and priced very competitively. I was honestly thinking of buying a couple of outlaws as we try to replace 1-2 mowers every year. I absolutely would never deal with this kind of stuff though. Every time a mower is broken it costs me money even if it is warrantied and not bending over backwards on a 3 week old mower is disgusting.

To put things in perspective, we have a new wright stander(a few months old), had an issue friday with the blades not coming on. I thought it was the switch or electric clutch, I brought it in friday afternoon, they had me pull it right in the shop. (this is a big place as far as power equipment goes, maybe the biggest in the state, I have bought a lot of stuff over the years from them but there are certainly guys who buy waaaay more than I do.) I asked them if I should check in tomorrow or monday and he said I could wait there if I wanted to. I chose not to and the mower was ready on monday morning.

Good luck to you guys dealing with this.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Member

too bad walmart doesnt sell badboys, if u have a receipt, you get your money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-16-2011, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
Bad publicity doesn't much matter. Mark my words....this thread is gone. Anything negative about badboy doesn't get resolved, it gets deleted. This is exactly why everyone slams them. If the guy came on today and said they did what you suggested, they would be heros but instead they want to be the PBR's official mower and the official mower of the Texas Rangers......seriously

As I said in another thread, a dealer came in very close to me and I took one for a spin. It LOOKED like a well built machine and was a comfortable ride and priced very competitively. I was honestly thinking of buying a couple of outlaws as we try to replace 1-2 mowers every year. I absolutely would never deal with this kind of stuff though. Every time a mower is broken it costs me money even if it is warrantied and not bending over backwards on a 3 week old mower is disgusting.

To put things in perspective, we have a new wright stander(a few months old), had an issue friday with the blades not coming on. I thought it was the switch or electric clutch, I brought it in friday afternoon, they had me pull it right in the shop. (this is a big place as far as power equipment goes, maybe the biggest in the state, I have bought a lot of stuff over the years from them but there are certainly guys who buy waaaay more than I do.) I asked them if I should check in tomorrow or monday and he said I could wait there if I wanted to. I chose not to and the mower was ready on monday morning.

Good luck to you guys dealing with this.
This statement is totally untrue. BB threads are never stopped unless people get out of hand with their comments. They are not deleted at that point, only stopped by the moderator.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stihlman11 View Post
its about time some truth comes out about bad boy, $100 bucks says it will be blocked or deleted soon though.
Just out of curiosity, what "truths" are you aware of, that need to be exposed? (Please be very specific) Also, do you know this first hand, or is it something you've heard or suspect?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
This statement is totally untrue. BB threads are never stopped unless people get out of hand with their comments. They are not deleted at that point, only stopped by the moderator.
Several have been. Along with two redmax threads last week. I am done talking about this. I hope this thread stays, but it wont.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
Several have been. Along with two redmax threads last week. I am done talking about this. I hope this thread stays, but it wont.
In this day and age of so many jobs being outsourced to other countries, and the terrible impact that is having with our economy, I'm puzzled why so many Americans apparently want so badly for an American equipment company to fail. Would all of you feel better if Bad Boy failed and we had yet another foreign company take over.

It's obvious to me that, at least some people feel uncomfortable, knowing that a company is making quality mowers for less money than they paid for theirs....I understand that...it's human nature. None of us feel good if we think someone else got a better deal.

I have no problem with people that own "big name" eqp. being proud of what they own....I wish they could muster up a little tolerance for us bad Boy owners. But, most of the time when a Bad Boy owner says something good about their eqp, we are accused of working for Bad Boy.

It's really silly when you think about it. It's America and we can all be proud of what we worked hard for and bought.....unless it happens to be a Bad Boy that is.

If the language and attitudes remained decent when this topic comes up I don't think you'd see any posts at all getting deleted. Could we try that for a change and see what happens?
Closed Thread