Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-16-2011, 08:05 PM
nepatsfan nepatsfan is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Franklin MA
Posts: 3,156
I really am trying to like badboy but its the stuff like this that bothers me. Then they have the threads deleted instead of responding
  #52  
Old 08-16-2011, 08:25 PM
smithfabinc smithfabinc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salisbury NC
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowick View Post
Ouch. I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully BadBoy knows that making this right is worth every penny they've spent on advertising this year.
Why wouldn't they just haul you out another for you to try, and if everything works good on it just pick up yours and leave the new one with you? They can take it back and use it as research, then refurbish it to work correctly and sell it.
I'm sure you'd be singing praises and building goodwill within the LCO community.

This site gets a lot of viewership, and I suspect a lot of the viewers are homeowners and weekend warriors that are deferring to the pros for their opinions.

Bottom line is that on these new machines, you should jump on one, mow and say holy S*!T, that's awesome!
Ive looked the outlaw over, and although I think they made some great improvements on the deck, I think they went backwards on the rest of the mower. Its a really rigid frame, which is good in the long run, but rides like a army tank, and the seat is nice sitting still, but for the average guy, its a rough ride at best. Hustler and a few others used that seat, and the biggest complaint they get is that it should have had suspension under it. I dont think they want to swap out the machines, because they have already admitted cut quality issues with the 60"ADS deck, and another machine would only fix the mechanical issues. Ive asked them about an outlaw deck under a diesel AOS frame and its not available or wont work. For what we paid for the machine, Its too much money to not be satisfied. I would at least expect it to be "as good" as the competition, but for my experience, its just not there yet.
  #53  
Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
smithfabinc smithfabinc is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salisbury NC
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
I really am trying to like badboy but its the stuff like this that bothers me. Then they have the threads deleted instead of responding
I was basically told that unless I wanted to take the mower to another dealer that is way out of the way from where I am, that the problem is between me and the dealer. This mower has already been down going on two weeks now, and the only way its going to get fixed is if "I" take it somewhere ealse and put the burden of a bad deal on another dealer that didnt make a dime on this mower. That is NOT how you gain business if you are the underdog and are trying to make a name for yourself. Having threads deleted only shows that they are covering up what is going on. Just the same as I kept getting the "he's in a meeting" response at the factory till I posted what was going on, on here. funny how people change their tune when they know you arent backing down. Ive got a family to support and two little munchkins that depend on our equipment to get the job done. When theres some junk like this happening, our business suffers, and apparently they sell more to homeowners that mow once a week, instead of making a living like most of us on here do.
  #54  
Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Stihlman11 Stihlman11 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 28
I'm talking about the truth that many bad boy owners have bad problems with them. I said many, not all. Again, so im not accused, I didn't say they are all bad or have problems. When people post their problems with them the thread usually gets deleted. Yes deleted. Not blocked, deleted. I'm not saying they all do, some don't and some are locked. Not all the threads that get deleted get out of hand. Lawnsite protects it's sponsers, so we don't get fair reviews of certain products. I also saw the redmax threads that were deleted. These are nothing but facts. Facts.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #55  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:30 PM
StanWilhite StanWilhite is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Decatur AL
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stihlman11 View Post
I'm talking about the truth that many bad boy owners have bad problems with them. I said many, not all. Again, so im not accused, I didn't say they are all bad or have problems. When people post their problems with them the thread usually gets deleted. Yes deleted. Not blocked, deleted. I'm not saying they all do, some don't and some are locked. Not all the threads that get deleted get out of hand. Lawnsite protects it's sponsers, so we don't get fair reviews of certain products. I also saw the redmax threads that were deleted. These are nothing but facts. Facts.
Posted via Mobile Device
We'll all watch and see if these posts stay or not. I personally think they will unless tempers flair.

I believe these forums (for the big part) are great. They are a brand new learning tool that has helped most, or all of us, over and over again. Informative discussion is good for all, whether the news is good or bad, we all can exchange information and learn from each others good experiences, and/or mistakes.

We all know that these mowers are machines, and you can count on one thing for sure....they're going to break from time to time, as all machines do.

But here is the difference in the average mower and Bad Boy:

If an average mower breaks, the owner posts the problem and people will jump in and share information and advice so that the owner can solve the problem. Just because a mower has a problem does not mean that it started out as an inferior product, and we all should know that.

But, because a comparable BB sells for less, it seems that there is definitely a double standard. If a BB breaks, instead of the usual replies on how to repair it, one of the first things you hear is "see there, I told you, you get what you pay for". Implying that since the mower has a problem, (regardless of age or abuse or anything else) it must have been an inferior product from the "get go".

It just shows a prejudice and that gets a little annoying to us BB owners that may have spent in the neighborhood of 15K for a machine. A machine we spent our hard earned money on, and a machine we should be entitled to be proud of.

Stan
  #56  
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 PM
puppypaws's Avatar
puppypaws puppypaws is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Marshville,NC 28103
Posts: 7,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanWilhite View Post
We'll all watch and see if these posts stay or not. I personally think they will unless tempers flair.

I believe these forums (for the big part) are great. They are a brand new learning tool that has helped most, or all of us, over and over again. Informative discussion is good for all, whether the news is good or bad, we all can exchange information and learn from each others good experiences, and/or mistakes.

We all know that these mowers are machines, and you can count on one thing for sure....they're going to break from time to time, as all machines do.

But here is the difference in the average mower and Bad Boy:

If an average mower breaks, the owner posts the problem and people will jump in and share information and advice so that the owner can solve the problem. Just because a mower has a problem does not mean that it started out as an inferior product, and we all should know that.

But, because a comparable BB sells for less, it seems that there is definitely a double standard. If a BB breaks, instead of the usual replies on how to repair it, one of the first things you hear is "see there, I told you, you get what you pay for". Implying that since the mower has a problem, (regardless of age or abuse or anything else) it must have been an inferior product from the "get go".

It just shows a prejudice and that gets a little annoying to us BB owners that may have spent in the neighborhood of 15K for a machine. A machine we spent our hard earned money on, and a machine we should be entitled to be proud of.

Stan
LawnSite cannot remove threads because of negativity, sponsor or no sponsor, they would lose their credibility along with their site.
__________________
Farm Mower
  #57  
Old 08-16-2011, 10:22 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wa
Posts: 2,868
I would get the parts sent to me under warranty then take the machine to the other dealer and have them do the work. Or I would do it myself. I would compare my machine with a new one off the showroom floor to see what is different, that makes it eat pump belts etc. Bottom line I would get it done one way or the other just so I could keep mowing. I would document it all with pictures etc. I've been in the same boat with every mower I've owned because I never had dealer support within 100 miles usually further away. Now I have a local BB dealer and JD dealer thats it. But I still prefer to do some of the repairs myself do to time restraints. If I can get parts I'm all over it at night and mowing in the day. Thankfully I have some backup mowers. If you can't find one to compare with ...Does anyone else have the same machine and can they post pictures of the belts and tensioners, etc to compare it . Bottom line lets help him get it fixed. BadBoy needs to take care of this because it's not acceptable to leave someone hanging like this. But until they step up lets do what we can to help. Retrodog do you have anything to add to help with this problem.
__________________
MJB

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
  #58  
Old 08-16-2011, 11:53 PM
retrodog's Avatar
retrodog retrodog is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris, Tx
Posts: 2,144
The thing I don't understand why the original dealer don't just fix the issues, make sure the deck is set up right with no defects cuts properly, and put the mower back on the trailer. Tighten up the brake, make sure the water temp guage is plugged in right prolly just a loose wire (if not throw new one on), hydro hoses sometimes leak, aren't set properly, not crimped good, just fix it, sometimes when new the auto deck lift shaft gets in a bind, take a little mallet and tap the shaft should work from here on out, if not throw a new motor on it. On the belt, that's exactly why companies give a warranty on belts, on a new piece of equipment there could be a Burr on a pulley, or like in this case the idler arm might not be aligned, fix it. One hour of labor, set deck check cut reassure customer, and throw back on the trailer. I don't understand why at the first mention of an issue on a brand new unit this customer wasn't taken care of. I know from experience to watch everything on a new piece of equipment, because that's when an issue will arrise. I hope maybe its just a new dealer and maybe doesn't know all the ins and outs, this story is crazy. I am sure the other idealer would be happy to see you and fix your issues for more income to his bottom line. I would call and make appointment so they can fix while you wait. Factory can ship parts overnight, but in this case, prolly can be fixed mostly without a part. Freaking hate doing this on my phone...LOL. to save the only face I can personally, on liberty's outlaw we had 4 issues, 2 very minor, one spindle cracked (only one of 2 I have seen out of nearly 600 mowers), and then the dreaded frame crack. The frame actually cracked where a plate the wheel mounted on was welded to the main frame. The crack was along the weld. The factory took his mower back to the factory and fixed it very quickly, all while he had the same mower given to him to use, just scared him I guess. The welds were beefed up massively on the 2011 model, and haven't seen an issue since the 11's. That was on a first year design. I have over 80 outlaws running around, and on the other end, I have one with 800 hours that was abused pretty heavy in less than a year that came in the shop for the first issue a throttle cable. There are issues all over on mowers, its just when its a bad boy its blown up (10 times over on here...LOL). I know they are not perfect, but they are a name brand now, and have every right to sit next to exmark and SCAG striving everyday to offer the best mower out at an affordable price. For example, I have one of the prototypes for 2012 letting crews use to offer feedback on and help with the design for the new year. Its neat to actually talk to the designers over every single change or negative that is recommended on a user by user basis. They even sent the mower with all types of blades to use to figure out which ones work better in different areas for the deck. Back to the original issue...is your mower at your dealer getting fixed? If its not take it in the morning, call warranty at bb tell them your issues and that your mower is at the dealer, and either your dealer will fix your freaking mower...period. there is a huge issue if your mower has been broke for 2 weeks in your garage. I have guys when they pull into the lot with an issue they don't pull back out without a mower on their trailer, and Its usually theirs...LOL. the worst thing is to have an unhappy lco in your lobby demanding his mower fixed, I rather have them in the shop helping me throwing their part on, sharpening blades, shooting the bull....an lco with my mower on their trailer is my biggest advertisement. Everyone of them here will recommend us, if not I wouldn't be selling anything here period.
Posted via Mobile Device
  #59  
Old 08-17-2011, 12:02 AM
nepatsfan nepatsfan is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Franklin MA
Posts: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
The thing I don't understand why the original dealer don't just fix the issues, make sure the deck is set up right with no defects cuts properly, and put the mower back on the trailer. Tighten up the brake, make sure the water temp guage is plugged in right prolly just a loose wire (if not throw new one on), hydro hoses sometimes leak, aren't set properly, not crimped good, just fix it, sometimes when new the auto deck lift shaft gets in a bind, take a little mallet and tap the shaft should work from here on out, if not throw a new motor on it. On the belt, that's exactly why companies give a warranty on belts, on a new piece of equipment there could be a Burr on a pulley, or like in this case the idler arm might not be aligned, fix it. One hour of labor, set deck check cut reassure customer, and throw back on the trailer. I don't understand why at the first mention of an issue on a brand new unit this customer wasn't taken care of. I know from experience to watch everything on a new piece of equipment, because that's when an issue will arrise. I hope maybe its just a new dealer and maybe doesn't know all the ins and outs, this story is crazy. I am sure the other idealer would be happy to see you and fix your issues for more income to his bottom line. I would call and make appointment so they can fix while you wait. Factory can ship parts overnight, but in this case, prolly can be fixed mostly without a part. Freaking hate doing this on my phone...LOL. to save the only face I can personally, on liberty's outlaw we had 4 issues, 2 very minor, one spindle cracked (only one of 2 I have seen out of nearly 600 mowers), and then the dreaded frame crack. The frame actually cracked where a plate the wheel mounted on was welded to the main frame. The crack was along the weld. The factory took his mower back to the factory and fixed it very quickly, all while he had the same mower given to him to use, just scared him I guess. The welds were beefed up massively on the 2011 model, and haven't seen an issue since the 11's. That was on a first year design. I have over 80 outlaws running around, and on the other end, I have one with 800 hours that was abused pretty heavy in less than a year that came in the shop for the first issue a throttle cable. There are issues all over on mowers, its just when its a bad boy its blown up (10 times over on here...LOL). I know they are not perfect, but they are a name brand now, and have every right to sit next to exmark and SCAG striving everyday to offer the best mower out at an affordable price. For example, I have one of the prototypes for 2012 letting crews use to offer feedback on and help with the design for the new year. Its neat to actually talk to the designers over every single change or negative that is recommended on a user by user basis. They even sent the mower with all types of blades to use to figure out which ones work better in different areas for the deck. Back to the original issue...is your mower at your dealer getting fixed? If its not take it in the morning, call warranty at bb tell them your issues and that your mower is at the dealer, and either your dealer will fix your freaking mower...period. there is a huge issue if your mower has been broke for 2 weeks in your garage. I have guys when they pull into the lot with an issue they don't pull back out without a mower on their trailer, and Its usually theirs...LOL. the worst thing is to have an unhappy lco in your lobby demanding his mower fixed, I rather have them in the shop helping me throwing their part on, sharpening blades, shooting the bull....an lco with my mower on their trailer is my biggest advertisement. Everyone of them here will recommend us, if not I wouldn't be selling anything here period.
Posted via Mobile Device
I bet you stay busy. That is how you treat customers. If you had sold the OP the mower, this thread would not have existed.
  #60  
Old 08-17-2011, 12:53 AM
StanWilhite StanWilhite is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Decatur AL
Posts: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
The thing I don't understand why the original dealer don't just fix the issues, make sure the deck is set up right with no defects cuts properly, and put the mower back on the trailer. Tighten up the brake, make sure the water temp guage is plugged in right prolly just a loose wire (if not throw new one on), hydro hoses sometimes leak, aren't set properly, not crimped good, just fix it, sometimes when new the auto deck lift shaft gets in a bind, take a little mallet and tap the shaft should work from here on out, if not throw a new motor on it. On the belt, that's exactly why companies give a warranty on belts, on a new piece of equipment there could be a Burr on a pulley, or like in this case the idler arm might not be aligned, fix it. One hour of labor, set deck check cut reassure customer, and throw back on the trailer. I don't understand why at the first mention of an issue on a brand new unit this customer wasn't taken care of. I know from experience to watch everything on a new piece of equipment, because that's when an issue will arrise. I hope maybe its just a new dealer and maybe doesn't know all the ins and outs, this story is crazy. I am sure the other idealer would be happy to see you and fix your issues for more income to his bottom line. I would call and make appointment so they can fix while you wait. Factory can ship parts overnight, but in this case, prolly can be fixed mostly without a part. Freaking hate doing this on my phone...LOL. to save the only face I can personally, on liberty's outlaw we had 4 issues, 2 very minor, one spindle cracked (only one of 2 I have seen out of nearly 600 mowers), and then the dreaded frame crack. The frame actually cracked where a plate the wheel mounted on was welded to the main frame. The crack was along the weld. The factory took his mower back to the factory and fixed it very quickly, all while he had the same mower given to him to use, just scared him I guess. The welds were beefed up massively on the 2011 model, and haven't seen an issue since the 11's. That was on a first year design. I have over 80 outlaws running around, and on the other end, I have one with 800 hours that was abused pretty heavy in less than a year that came in the shop for the first issue a throttle cable. There are issues all over on mowers, its just when its a bad boy its blown up (10 times over on here...LOL). I know they are not perfect, but they are a name brand now, and have every right to sit next to exmark and SCAG striving everyday to offer the best mower out at an affordable price. For example, I have one of the prototypes for 2012 letting crews use to offer feedback on and help with the design for the new year. Its neat to actually talk to the designers over every single change or negative that is recommended on a user by user basis. They even sent the mower with all types of blades to use to figure out which ones work better in different areas for the deck. Back to the original issue...is your mower at your dealer getting fixed? If its not take it in the morning, call warranty at bb tell them your issues and that your mower is at the dealer, and either your dealer will fix your freaking mower...period. there is a huge issue if your mower has been broke for 2 weeks in your garage. I have guys when they pull into the lot with an issue they don't pull back out without a mower on their trailer, and Its usually theirs...LOL. the worst thing is to have an unhappy lco in your lobby demanding his mower fixed, I rather have them in the shop helping me throwing their part on, sharpening blades, shooting the bull....an lco with my mower on their trailer is my biggest advertisement. Everyone of them here will recommend us, if not I wouldn't be selling anything here period.
Posted via Mobile Device
Very well said Retro!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.14777 seconds with 7 queries