Yard Machines walk-behind Edger
Craftsman Lawn Vacuum/chipper
2-Homelite BP250 backpack blowers
McCullock FR56 Trimmer

Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
Might be worth it to just bite the bullet and drive the hour to get the thing fixed. I dont think you should have to but you dont want an $11,000 lawn ornament. Then I would cut my losses and trade it in on a different brand with better local service. I would first try to make badboy take it back. If they dont have a competent dealer than it isn't your problem and you shouldn't have to keep the thing. Who wants to drive an hour for every little thing.
Thats my point. I have really good dealers that we drive right by on the way to jobsites, and You cant blame me for giving Bad Boy a try, but when this kind of crap happens, Its better to just get a refund and try again with a brand that A: has great dealer support, and B: will do what is right when it comes to keeping guys like all of us going when things go haywire with new equipment. Im not asking for a buy back on a mower that has 400hrs and has had the crap beat out of it, This thing has 37 hours and is in showroom condition. Im not wanting to get rid of it cause I dont like the color, its the way they handle problems and the lousy dealer support that I cant rely on.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfabinc View Post
Thats my point. I have really good dealers that we drive right by on the way to jobsites, and You cant blame me for giving Bad Boy a try, but when this kind of crap happens, Its better to just get a refund and try again with a brand that A: has great dealer support, and B: will do what is right when it comes to keeping guys like all of us going when things go haywire with new equipment. Im not asking for a buy back on a mower that has 400hrs and has had the crap beat out of it, This thing has 37 hours and is in showroom condition. Im not wanting to get rid of it cause I dont like the color, its the way they handle problems and the lousy dealer support that I cant rely on.
An hour really is not that far to get things resolved. They can't come out for a few weeks but that dealer could solve this, so you have to work with them sometimes. I went with name brand dealers and had more headaches than you have so far and had to drive 4 hrs round trip every few weeks to drop off or pick up that Super Z. But I had to have a Hustler so sometimes even going with the older comapnies and you still get the shaft..

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 08-17-2011, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
An hour really is not that far to get things resolved. They can't come out for a few weeks but that dealer could solve this, so you have to work with them sometimes. I went with name brand dealers and had more headaches than you have so far and had to drive 4 hrs round trip every few weeks to drop off or pick up that Super Z. But I had to have a Hustler so sometimes even going with the older comapnies and you still get the shaft..
An hour is a long way when youve spent $11k trying a new mower brand and then between the factory and the dealer, they botch things up like this. I could have had myself a nice exmark and have 3 dealers within 20 minutes of the shop, but I believed all the advertising that bad boy does about getting more bang for your buck.... so bravo guys, your advertising worked, just wish the mower had, and that you had more dealers that knew what the heck was going on.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
An hour is a long way when youve spent $11k trying a new mower brand and then between the factory and the dealer, they botch things up like this. I could have had myself a nice exmark and have 3 dealers within 20 minutes of the shop, but I believed all the advertising that bad boy does about getting more bang for your buck.... so bravo guys, your advertising worked, just wish the mower had, and that you had more dealers that knew what the heck was going on.
I know exactly what I'd do if that POS was mine ,especially when you get lame support from the manufacture and dealers.There's a reason why those mowers are called Bad Boys.

Last edited by Snapper Jack; 08-17-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Jack View Post
I know exactly what I'd do if that POS was mine ,especially when you get lame support from the manufacture and dealers.There's a reason why those mowers are called Bad Boys.
Amen Brother! enough is enough.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
It shows on Scags site that you have a "Pro Gold" Scag dealer in your town. Why did you not buy a Scag from them?
Old 08-18-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I understand your frustration, you had other choices in your town. I didn't have many choices so I look at things differently because I have always had to have a company that could get me parts quickly so I could fix them. Walker, Grasshopper, Exmark all fit the bill, and they never broke down. Only Hustler and Toro were complete lemons and all of the dealers were from 100 miles away.

So I am just saying make the call to this other dealer and see if he is even an option. I never got my money back from Hustler or Toro, that was not even an option for me. So after 3 days I think you own what you own, so get it running right, and make some money, and it should hold up for the next 3 years, then trade it, or sell it. When I got my Outlaw I had a problem with the cut becuse the pitch was way off, and I was not doing it right. Now it cuts very well with the high lift blades, and leaves nice stripes. But it took me 2 weeks because I knew more about the mower setup than my new dealer. So this can be a problem , unfortunately we don't all live next to Retrodog. Good dealers are far a few between in all brands of mowers, especially a new one like BB.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 08-18-2011, 07:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
It shows on Scags site that you have a "Pro Gold" Scag dealer in your town. Why did you not buy a Scag from them?
We wanted a diesel, and the scag diesel IS a great mower, and they do cut very well wet or dry with the velocity deck. I was promised that this Bad Boy would do the same for about 3 grand less. Its is in no way even close to the same cut quality. As I said before, there are several dealers close to here, that carry scag, wright, exmark, hustler, and most of the Brands that have been around a long time. Not nocking scag at all, but the price of their turf tiger diesel is around 15K, but as the saying goes "you really do get what you pay for!"
Old 08-18-2011, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I understand your frustration, you had other choices in your town. I didn't have many choices so I look at things differently because I have always had to have a company that could get me parts quickly so I could fix them. Walker, Grasshopper, Exmark all fit the bill, and they never broke down. Only Hustler and Toro were complete lemons and all of the dealers were from 100 miles away.

So I am just saying make the call to this other dealer and see if he is even an option. I never got my money back from Hustler or Toro, that was not even an option for me. So after 3 days I think you own what you own, so get it running right, and make some money, and it should hold up for the next 3 years, then trade it, or sell it. When I got my Outlaw I had a problem with the cut becuse the pitch was way off, and I was not doing it right. Now it cuts very well with the high lift blades, and leaves nice stripes. But it took me 2 weeks because I knew more about the mower setup than my new dealer. So this can be a problem , unfortunately we don't all live next to Retrodog. Good dealers are far a few between in all brands of mowers, especially a new one like BB.
You have an outlaw, which is a completely different deck than I do. The factory has already admitted cut quality issues in certain types of grass with the ADS deck, and if we were told this from the start, we could have taken that into consideration for the lower price on the mower. Bottom line is that the dealer told us a bunch of false claims about how great this mower is, and now that he got paid in cash at the sale, hes bailing out and doesnt want to fix the problem, and Im not going out of my way, at my expense to deal with this mower. Thats why there are laws to protect consumers when they get jacked on a deal like this.
Closed Thread