Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-07-2000, 10:19 PM
Banned

Dear Potential Customer, <br>Lets face it; lawn care in Eufaula is not up to the standards as in other cities. Iím here to help fix the problems of lawn care that donít care.<br>The following is a short questionnaire. This is a very important survey please fills this out and mail within 10 days. <p>Thank you for your time! <p>Name of Business _______________________________________________________<p>What Lawn Company do you use? __________________________________________<p>In the past 10 years who was your favorite lawn service. ___Daves lawn ___Pro-lawn <br>___Tasker and son ___Other______________________or ___none.<p>Are you getting a good deal for the work performed? ___ Yes ___ No ___ Not Sure<p>How much are you charged for the service? $_________ Per Month / Visit (circle one)<p>The work is done every ___ 7 days ___ 10 days ___ 14 days ___ Monthly ___On call<p>What does the service include? __Cut __Edge __ Weed Eat __ Blow-off __Pick up Trash<p>Does the service provide Fertilizing? ___Yes ___No ___Not Sure<p>Does the service provide yearly Dethatching and aeration? ___Yes ___No ___Not Sure <p>Does your service provide weed and bug spraying ___Yes ___No ___ not sure?<p>Does service provide ant killer with service? ___Yes ___No ___Not Sure<p>Is there weeds and grass in the flowerbeds? ___Yes ___No<p>Does service provide plant flowers and shrubs as needed? ___Yes ___No ___Not Sure<p>In the parking lot, are there little loose stones all over? ___Yes ___No<p>Would you like a better job done for the money spent on the lawn service? ____Yes __No ___Donít Care<p>How happy are you with current lawn service? _______________________________<p>Would you like me to put in a bid? ___Yes ___ No When___________________<p>Will you switch to a lawn care company that provides a manicured cut, edge, weed-eat, and also provides parking lot blowing and other services that far exceeds what is now offered at the same or better price than what you are now paying. ___Yes ___ No ___Maybe.<br>If no or maybe, what will it take to get your business? _________________________<p><p>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: David Hartzog<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: David Hartzog
Old 07-07-2000, 10:21 PM
Banned

I spent a week on this.I like it my self.Feel free to copy it for your self.PS IF you do copy it let me know in your reply. Do you really like it?<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: David Hartzog<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: David Hartzog<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: David Hartzog
Old 07-07-2000, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

David, are you in Eufala, Al.? Yes I like it and think it might generate some interest, even at the residential level where the real money is anyway! <p>Homer
Old 07-07-2000, 10:41 PM
Banned

Yes i am in Eufaula,Al where are you?<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: David Hartzog
Old 07-07-2000, 10:59 PM
Senior Moderator

<br>Never thought about doing a questionnaire in our area. Don't think it would work here.<br>But if you think you know your area, and you have a chance for some response, go for it.<p>Two things though. I would enclose a self addressed stamped envelope with each questionnaire to insure better response.<p>Second, I'm not a spelling teacher here, but in a letter, I do think things should be right. Not standers.. change it to standards.<p><br>Good luck.<p>Jodi
Old 07-07-2000, 11:15 PM
Banned

Hey Thank you i also corrected some other things. Any ideas will help me to finalize and get it out i'll keep every one up dated.
Old 07-08-2000, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

SOUTH OF YOU ABOUT AN HOUR.<p>HOMER
Old 07-08-2000, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

David,<br>I have a few questions regarding your survey. Are you targeting specific businesses or is this a mass mailing?<br>If you target specific businesses that you have noticed are neglected by lawn care co's then I would personalize the letter with the company name. Better yet I would call the company and ask for a contact person ( owner or facilities manager).<br>I think if you are mass mailing this survey it may have less than great results. I have targeted some businesses but I always lead with the line, if you are happy with your current lawn care company please disregard this letter, but if you are interested in my services please read on.<br>I would not undercut another company on price just to get a job. I am not saying that you would do this but it can be a danger. Just imagine if a company surveyed your customers and then said they would cut for 5 bucks less a week. Keep your standards up and charge accordingly.<br>I only want people that want me and I charge more for my service as I sell the personal attention to their property. Good Luck with your survey.
Old 07-08-2000, 07:45 AM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Only someone without a job or one who feels self important would take the time to fill out a lenghtly questione from someone they don't know from Adam.<p>Are you sure these are the type of customers you want to attract?<p>You would be best served it you just asked one question (actually make a statement)on a postcard. Like:<p>If you are not happy with your present contractor give us a call to arrange for a site visit to discuss your needs.<p>
Old 07-08-2000, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think your on track, but as someone else said, I would try to target these to specific sites you would like to pick up.<p> Now heres a tip. If theres a certain noticibale thing being neglected at a site, personalize the letter and bring that up. The owner would probobly not be happy if people are noticing the problem that maybe he didn't catch. Act as the puplic eye and show him what his customers are seeing. I think its a great idea though<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti