Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-14-2002, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

reply quick - sweet deal on Husqvarna w/b should I get it?

Hey Guys, my old mower broke so it is a nice excuse to get another one! yea! OK so I called ALL of the dealers around here and all I came up with is the Husqvarna/Walker/Wright dealer had a Husqvarna W3614 36" 14hp Kawasaki (recoil start) gear drive walk behind. Two blade, 10 ga. deck with 7 ga. skirt, 5 spd peerless tranny, 2 year full warranty (res. or commercial!) this has only 15 hours on it, slightly used, normal price of $2200, he will give it to me for $1500! What do you think? I'm going to bring it home today? I think to demo it, I'll let you know how I like it! How's it sound? The dealer really really wants to work with me and sell me this mower, super nice and wants my business and wants a happy customer. Sounds like a great deal. What do you guys say? Thanks!
Eric

PS I think this link gets you the mower http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/node234.asp then click on Turf Care Equipment and walk behind mowers, then W3614
Old 10-14-2002, 11:40 AM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
eric

Since i dont know nothing about that mower i cant advise you to buy it or not.

I just wanted to wish you good luck and i hope it works out for ya
Old 10-14-2002, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks, it looks good on the website and in the "Search" on LS. I don't know if it has a pressure lube or not though But it's a Kawi anyway
Like I said, I will probably go get it today and mow 1 1/2 acres with it to see if I like it (my lawn). I might get him to bring down the price or throw in a bagger and or mulch kit. This is just alittle out of my price range but I might be able to borrow some or sweet talk him into a $xxxx now, $xxx next year deal...
Thanks,
cya
Eric
Old 10-14-2002, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say it probly is a vary good deal if there is a 2 year waranty on it . i myself have not used the husqvarna line of mowers but from looking at there web site they are built just like all the rest of the fixed deck WB's so I would say you cant go wrong for $1500
Old 10-14-2002, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

eric,

do you have any PAYING clients? Of those how many just call you when they go on vacation? That leaves you with how many clients that you count on each week?

Im guessing that you have at best 3 weekly accounts including your parents lawn. WHY would YOU buy a mower to maintain your parents lawn???? Tell them that they need to buy the WB for you and then you will mow for them and anyone else that you may have contracted.
Old 10-14-2002, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Jason,
I have two weeklys plus my lawn. I probably will not use it to mow my lawn alot though. I have to have it for my weekly's. Also I have 4 that call on me occasionally. I am looking to expand next year as well so it will be good to already have the mower, as they are alot cheaper in fall and usually easier to find (although this was the only one I could find?). There is a local landlord with 17 houses I might get the job. I'll definately need a better mower for that. The dealer said if there are ever breakdowns he will have me a backup machine to use for free anytime. The dealer wants to work with me and get rid of this mower before winter so it does not have to sit around. I'll let you know how I like the mower and what is good/bad about it. I definately want a catcher for it and maybe mulch kit, and a Proslide or TrimmerTrap Bull Rider. I'll see what all accessories he has and what all I can get with it.
Later,
Eric
Old 10-14-2002, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh I didn't mention Jason, I have no other mower to use right now. I won't use my parent's Wheel Horse...
Old 10-14-2002, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BushHogBoy
Oh I didn't mention Jason, I have no other mower to use right now. I won't use my parent's Wheel Horse...
WON'T or CANT. Two different things. You will be much better off with a larger machine. 36 is piddly.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use Husqvarna equipment and just bought the WB you're talking about last year. It's great and for what you're doing it will be wonderful. Also when you add more accounts that machine will still keep up. It cuts great with the mulch kit and it will fit through any gate you would have to go through. A set of jungle wheels or Husqvarna's platform and you'll be pleased, I'd recommend the jungle wheels though!

Brandon Shaw
Evergreen Landscaping Concepts
Old 10-14-2002, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use Husqvarna equipment and just bought the WB you're talking about last year. It's great and for what you're doing it will be wonderful. Also when you add more accounts that machine will still keep up. It cuts great with the mulch kit and it will fit through any gate you would have to go through. A set of jungle wheels or Husqvarna's platform and you'll be pleased, I'd recommend the jungle wheels though!

Brandon Shaw
Evergreen Landscaping Concepts