Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-06-2011, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

And all this propaganda has what to do with irrigation?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
And all this propaganda has what to do with irrigation?
Poor Du.

Lot of funds are drying up.

How does one explain a 20 cent per gallon hike overnight at the pumps without re-stocking, and when crude goes down?

We're all getting screwed (except the investors) and all we hear is mumbo jumbo.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty weak to whine about what gas prices have to do with irrigation but no whining on music or bbq threads.

Every business that uses vehicles as I suspect most in this business do buys gas.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Lots of ways to dig into this one. And I know I'm getting screwed, part of life. Seems to me that gas was cheaper before the US attacked Iraq.

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.html
Old 06-06-2011, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripit good View Post
Poor Du.

Lot of funds are drying up.

How does one explain a 20 cent per gallon hike overnight at the pumps without re-stocking, and when crude goes down?

We're all getting screwed (except the investors) and all we hear is mumbo jumbo.
Interesting read on this topic.
http://gas2.org/2011/05/05/gas-price...+%28Gas+2.0%29

Lewis used GasBuddy.com to further test his theory in 2008. Consumers can use GasBuddy.com to search for the lowest gas price in their area. Lewis observed that as gas prices raised traffic to the website increased. As gas prices dropped later on in 2008 so did the traffic to GasBuddy.com showing that consumers stopped shopping around for the best deal on gas. With consumers not shopping around for cheap gas, gas stations can level off their prices and gradually decrease the price of gas rather than having to have their gas prices plummet in order to keep up with competition from other stations.

Source: Gas 2.0 (http://s.tt/12zx0)
Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Pretty weak to whine about what gas prices have to do with irrigation but no whining on music or bbq threads.

Every business that uses vehicles as I suspect most in this business do buys gas.
don't forget that everything we use in this industry in derived from petroleum. Nevermind the fuel used to get get everything to us
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-06-2011, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post

I see corporate America has found another mindless mouth piece. Bent over for your new master now.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2011, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I see corporate America has found another mindless mouth piece. Bent over for your new master now.
A little touchy today, are we?
Old 06-06-2011, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I like those corporate America dividend checks for sure. I can depend on corporate America to provide for my retirement security. But hey if you don't like buying from corporate America sell all your stuff and go live in a tent.

Failed subsidized alternative energy vs a profitable oil company.I'll invest in the oil company thank you very much.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

After what happened in Alaska, Exxon is on my life time BAN LIST!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Mobil

Exxon Valdez oil spill:

"Exxon was widely criticized for its slow response to cleaning up the disaster. John Devens, the Mayor of Valdez, has said his community felt betrayed by Exxon's inadequate response to the crisis."

"In 2009, Exxon still uses more single-hull tankers than the rest of the largest ten oil companies combined, including the Valdez's sister ship, the SeaRiver Long Beach."

Exxon's Brooklyn oil spill:

"New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo announced on July 17, 2007 that he had filed suit against the Exxon Mobil Corporation and ExxonMobil Refining and Supply Company to force cleanup of the oil spill at Greenpoint, Brooklyn, and to restore Newtown Creek."

"the spill consists of approximately 17 to 30 million gallons of petroleum products from the mid-19th century to the mid-20th century."

Sakhalin-I in the Russian Far East:

"Scientists and environmental groups voice concern that the Sakhalin-I oil and gas project in the Russian Far East, operated by an ExxonMobil subsidiary, Exxon Neftegas Limited (ENL),[42][43] threatens the critically endangered western gray whale population."

Funding of global warming skeptics:

"ExxonMobil has been accused of paying to fuel skepticism of anthropogenic global warming."

HERE IS THE WORST:

Human rights:

" The suit alleges that the ExxonMobil knowingly assisted human rights violations, including TORTURE, MURDER and RAPE, by employing and providing material support to Indonesian military forces, who committed the alleged offenses during civil unrest in Aceh."
---------

Is that enough to distrust ExxonMobil, if not let me know...I have plenty of more spit to spew!