Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2011, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Member

hydro pump leaking repair or replace?

one of my wright standers came back to the shop the other night (a 48) with a blown hydraulic line...replaced the line and filled the tank, but the pump itself is leaking out of the bottom where the belt is...is this a repairable problem or am i going to have to replace the whole pump?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It all depends on what caused it to leak. Something external eg something damaged seal, or something internal, like a brg failing. Is the any debris in the oil tank?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Member

no, tank is clean, problem is i dont know how long the mower was running for after the line blew...its so hard to get a strait answer out of someone who broke suck and expensive machine. i just dont want to buy the replacement seals if the damage went further than that and i have to replace the pump anyway. these things arent cheap.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarrett View Post
no, tank is clean, problem is i dont know how long the mower was running for after the line blew...its so hard to get a strait answer out of someone who broke suck and expensive machine. i just dont want to buy the replacement seals if the damage went further than that and i have to replace the pump anyway. these things arent cheap.
this is something that is hard to tell over the internet, so most mechanics are avoiding answering. Without seeing the unit we can not give good advice.... this is why you have local dealers, hopefully you have a good one.