Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-29-2011, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Peterson Grading View Post
Yes, these are allan blocks, and we hate them!!!!!!!

We had the vender out 5 or 6 time to inspect how bad some of the blocks were.

J.
I had my vendor out also, they seemed not to care at all. Kind what ever attitude to the point I through them out. Total POS blocks.

Matt
Old 09-29-2011, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Did you have to build that temporary fence? How did you like that roller? Was the Allen block speced for that?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. we had to build the temp fence. It took 3 days to build it, and 20 for the owner to decide to let us do it. WE had to have a Hydro jet excavator dig all the post holes as well. Only around 200 of them. Way to many un-marked fibre lines running through here.

The roller is nice, but its not a remote unit, you hve to push and pull levers and walk behind it. It will shake the shi* out of the ground, so much so that the hospital would only let us use it after 4pm everyday. Something about it knocking a lazer surgery tool out of wack.

The block was speced, then changed to another product, then changed back because the other type didn't have enough black swirl to it.

J.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Something about it knocking a lazer surgery tool out of wack.
J.
Minor details.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Add me to the list of knowing how getting bad block goes. We've dragged the plant manager out to one of our sites because the block was so bad. When one side of the block measures 7 7/8" tall and the other end is 8 1/8" it makes stacking a wall all sorts of fun.

We marked the block, they took it back and tried to deliver it to us again saying it was a new run with newer/better molds. Nice try.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I leased a new Terex TSR70 for the winter.

Going to push my "New" to me 9ft Snow Wolf plow with Kage system with it.

So far, I am not overly impressed with it. Kinda hard to see out, and not real responsive in the Control department. But, its only got 1.5 hours on it, so I hope it works its sh!t out and ends up working well. Other than that its pretty nice, with an AZZ load of improvements in all aspects over all of the other ASV machines.

J,
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2011, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know J, you are much more brave and adventuresome than me. I looked at one a company is winter renting here and I thought it looked awful. I'd run a Cat, Bobcat or even Deere before Terex...

Get some stomper tires for more speed and traction.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I leased a new Terex TSR70 for the winter.

Going to push my "New" to me 9ft Snow Wolf plow with Kage system with it.

So far, I am not overly impressed with it. Kinda hard to see out, and not real responsive in the Control department. But, its only got 1.5 hours on it, so I hope it works its sh!t out and ends up working well. Other than that its pretty nice, with an AZZ load of improvements in all aspects over all of the other ASV machines.

J,
J...I had a chance to sit in both the 80hp version o the one you're leasing and the TSR60 at a local Case dealer. I can say that I like the smaller versions better than the big ones. It doesn't seem like the ingress and egress for the large ones was that well thought out and the visibility to the quick attach was non-existent. It was much easier to get into and out of the smaller machine but the visibility to the quick attach was also $h*t. visibility out the rear and the sides was ok. I thought the hoses and the fittings on the tilt cylinders of the large machine are waiting to get crushed.

The salesman I know did say that the 60hp machine goes like a bat out of hell and has plenty of power. He said it reminded him of the old 1845s. I look forward to hearing how you like it once the snow flies.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Dodge in the background..
Old 11-14-2011, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got it beacause the rent was half of what I have payed fr snow lease in the past, its also a machine that we have some idea how to work on in case of disaster.

Ok now what I really think of it.

I hate the lag in the controls, the way you have to step up then down to get into it, the all around visability, the lack of grip tape on the exposed quick atatch (its more like a step) the noise level in the cab, the fact that they moved all the gauges and stuff around in the cab, and the way that the hoses are exposed on the tilt cylinders.

I like the fact that they finally made it easy to access anything in the engine compartment. I like that they put more thought into how they spaced the fuel and hydraulic fill caps. Its fast and it shifts smoothly. Its got some of the same buttons in the cab for functions.

I think that by the time they come out the track versions they will have all the silly crap figured out.

J.