Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-20-2011, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You're welcome.

I say if you need it now, get it now. $4,000 is quite a bit off the retail price, right? I doubt it will be much less in the spring because that's when most people buy mowers. The dealer would probably love to unload it now so he doesn't have to store it all winter.

The one thing to consider is that even though it's not a full blown commercial unit, you will likely be able to do a better job faster than you have been for what remains of the mowing season. So you'll make more money more quickly and be able to take on more work and have more satisfied customers.

You have my permission to get it now, lol.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
You're welcome.

I say if you need it now, get it now. $4,000 is quite a bit off the retail price, right? I doubt it will be much less in the spring because that's when most people buy mowers. The dealer would probably love to unload it now so he doesn't have to store it all winter.

The one thing to consider is that even though it's not a full blown commercial unit, you will likely be able to do a better job faster than you have been for what remains of the mowing season. So you'll make more money more quickly and be able to take on more work and have more satisfied customers.

You have my permission to get it now, lol.
Yes it a lot off retail price. And that is a good point, but i just dont want to make payments on it through the winter because i would be afraid of not bringing in enough money for my truck, and my wb, ON TOP of a new zt that i wouldnt use during the winter anyway. But I will do some figures and get it straightened out real soon.

Thank you
Stihl handhelds
Old 09-20-2011, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I think I see a snow removal business in the works, lol.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I think I see a snow removal business in the works, lol.
I do snow but not nearly enough.lol
Stihl handhelds
Old 09-20-2011, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Member

This is hopefully going to be my mower this week!
Name:  0920011501.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  83.2 KB
Stihl handhelds
Old 09-20-2011, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Weren't you going to go with a 52? Personally 52 is the smallest I'd get for a Z and many around here don't run anything smaller than a 60 incher, but a lot of the time it's a regional thing....In some areas they use nothing but 21 inchers.

You know what accounts you have and what size would be better for them. But if you've got a lot of lawns over an acre you might want to go bigger.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Weren't you going to go with a 52? Personally 52 is the smallest I'd get for a Z and many around here don't run anything smaller than a 60 incher, but a lot of the time it's a regional thing....In some areas they use nothing but 21 inchers.

You know what accounts you have and what size would be better for them. But if you've got a lot of lawns over an acre you might want to go bigger.
Yes I thought that one was a 52. But the only other one is a 60 and I didnt hear as good of things about that and it would be quite a bit more. I personally love the 48. My last 48 wb worked well on every account except gates but i have others for them. As for larger accounts, I think it would do ok on them. And I would be just fine sitting on that for awhile on a time.
Stihl handhelds
Old 09-20-2011, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For $4,000 you could have had this baby...bit of a long drive to pick it up though, lol.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=359676

48 isn't a bad size for a primary mower for residential. In fact, because it's more manueverable you can often make better time on smaller yards than with a 60 incher. I started with a 48 inch hydro walk behind and then added the 52 inch Z my second year. On my 10th season now and still have them both. A 48 hydro WB with a sulky can beat a rider too...depends on what you're mowing really. I may have mentioned earlier that my WB gets more use than my rider. I can tell you really want a rider though so I won't try to talk you out of it, LOL.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
For $4,000 you could have had this baby...bit of a long drive to pick it up though, lol.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=359676

48 isn't a bad size for a primary mower for residential. In fact, because it's more manueverable you can often make better time on smaller yards than with a 60 incher. I started with a 48 inch hydro walk behind and then added the 52 inch Z my second year. On my 10th season now and still have them both. A 48 hydro WB with a sulky can beat a rider too...depends on what you're mowing really. I may have mentioned earlier that my WB gets more use than my rider. I can tell you really want a rider though so I won't try to talk you out of it, LOL.
Ive looked at exmark and if i had a dealer in town it would be my first choice. But the nearest is 45 miles. And the guys there treat me nice, so ill stick with gravely. Most of my accounts are small in town accounts and my biggest account only takes 30 mins to just mow with the wb so its not bad. And yes I REALLY want a rider. Ill still have my wb though.
Stihl handhelds
Old 09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Just an update!Getting gravely tomorrow!
Stihl handhelds