Originally Posted by XLS View Post
nick i am not picking but its simple to make basic racks
3`of 1.25``square tube x #2main tubes

6"of1.25"square tube x #2wall spacers

and then 1.25x1/8"x4"long flat stock to formthe hangers
then use 1/4" stock to fab the wall mounts
in 2 hours a simple rack is done
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man, yea that seems real simple to make, you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of one you have made would you.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

not ofthat exact design but i got a simple one some where ill locate it tomorrow and txt pic to phone.......or it will be the weekend if i remember it....but dont care to show you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2011, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

heres some pics from last yr, both trucks r gone and have been replaced with a 09 power wagon and a 05 cummings, ill post some new pics next time were out cutting if the grass hasnt burnt out by then!!!!

Old 07-10-2011, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't forget guys there are two types of business's here catering to two different types of clients. There is business X using a car to pull a trailer with a walk-behind and push mower serving 20-30 client X's who only wants to pay $20 to have their lawn cut and thats it.. Then there is business Y using 10 Ford F250's or Izuzu box trucks pulling 10 double axle trailers with bigger mowers of all kinds serving commercial clients or customers who want more done than yard cuts, i.e, landscaping, new sod, trees, etc. for alot more than $20..

They arent even competition for each other.. each one can do a different job than the other.. If your going to compare apples to apples make sure its not apple sauce.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlcare2 View Post
Don't forget guys there are two types of business's here catering to two different types of clients. There is business X using a car to pull a trailer with a walk-behind and push mower serving 20-30 client X's who only wants to pay $20 to have their lawn cut and thats it.. Then there is business Y using 10 Ford F250's or Izuzu box trucks pulling 10 double axle trailers with bigger mowers of all kinds serving commercial clients or customers who want more done than yard cuts, i.e, landscaping, new sod, trees, etc. for alot more than $20..

They arent even competition for each other.. each one can do a different job than the other.. If your going to compare apples to apples make sure its not apple sauce.
No one is comparing anything. This thread is designed to showcase ALL trailer setups whether it is a smaller setup or a larger outfit.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

OK i wasn't going to post because I new I would get ripped apart, but since there is now a car pic posted I will too.

Enjoy

Old 07-10-2011, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Everyone was laughing at the guy with the setup behind his car.. just making the statement they are in two different markets
Old 07-10-2011, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLJ1104 View Post
So I'm am semi-solo...I have someone help some days, I do it part time, and yes that is a car pulling the trailer. The truck just gets too few MPG and the car can pull the weight with no problem, it is about 1000lbs under the capacity.
That's what I'm talking about.
I got rid of my V6 Escape and bought a 4cyl Escape, While all these super high overhead so called good business people that are paying $800+ in gas a month for there truck are laughing at us, were getting great MPG, I'm getting 21+ in the city and 25+ on the highway while pulling my 1300 pound trailer and equipment and I'm only paying $230 a month in gas on 23 weekly accts

6.5ft x 14ft Trailer

2011 Exmark Lazer Z 52" with 27HP Kohler Command

1- 2011 36" Red Hawk Hydro W/B Mower with a electric start 18HP Honda GXV610 motor & Sulky

Echo SRM-230 Trimmer

21" Craftsman push mower with a 6.5 HP B&S motor
Old 07-10-2011, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

it not all about the mpg i pull my 16 foot trailer around with a f450 dump it get 10mpg but it all about having the accounts to cover your expenses. but i could never see working out of something that you had no place to throw yard waste. And with also using a car/suv what about delivering material to a job site
Old 07-10-2011, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Coastal Lawn stated my point exactly.. These guys work in two different markets.. Guy with car/ ford escape does the mow,blow,go yards whereas dump truck guy can do the extra work you just cant do without the larger vehicle

They don't even compete against one another because big guy cant do the mow and go 23 yards a week whereas little guy cant do the larger jobs the big guy can

Tags
enclosed open trailer