Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Trailer

Here is a sneak peek at my rig. We have a place for everything and you can get to it quick. I rigged up the push mower so it stays put with no straps. You can get in in or out in just seconds. You can take one step inside the trailer and easily grab mix gas, blowers, or string trimmers. It does not matter if the trailer has three mowers in it you can still easily get the stuff you use at every property and get going.

I have boxes for the hedge trimmers, articulating trimmers, and the head for the articulating trimmer.
Attached Images

Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Scag V-Ride

Here's a few pics of my midified V-Ride 36 that has 33% wider tires on it now.
Attached Images

Owner- David

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Did you take the wheeland tire setup off of the larger v-ride? How does it perform now? I am looking to add one of these to my setup but keep getting mixed reviews about it.

Servicing Greater Pittsburgh & Surrounding Areas
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

[QUOTE=PlantscapeSolutions;4583493]Thanks, that my only maintenance crew. Enclosed trailers are the way to go. I would challenge anyone to show me the interior of a trailer that is set up and customized for efficiency any more then mine. I love looking at other people's setups if they are done well but it's rare to see trailers where much effort and thought has gone into the setup. Guys with bad setups are burning money in wasted labor and they don't even realize it. To me every second counts at the job sites.[/QUOTE]

so true-great to see your rig, you did a meticulous job at setup as always-
Old 11-17-2012, 03:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny01blaze View Post
Did you take the wheeland tire setup off of the larger v-ride? How does it perform now? I am looking to add one of these to my setup but keep getting mixed reviews about it.
It's the factory wheels with no spacer needed. I did have to grind the heads half off the large bolt heads behind the tires. The tire contact patch is 33% larger then before and really helps with the stopping the rutting issue I had. I had info on this in the commercial mowing section.

Scag says they are going to be making the mower with the same tires in the future. I had emailed them the mods I made.
Owner- David

Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Member

What is the caster wheel for on your back door where the folding ramp lays on? I might have missed it in other threads.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlavin73 View Post
What is the caster wheel for on your back door where the folding ramp lays on? I might have missed it in other threads.
I always get that question. I added an additional layer of plywood to all my walls and floors. The wall plywood was to give me more structural integrity for hanging items. On the floors I wanted a wear layer of plywood that could be replaced easily.

Because I added a layer to the small fold in ramp it would not fold down perfectly when the ramp was closed. The added elevation would have caused the small ramp to pinch near the piano hinge. If I had left it this way it would have put pressure on the piano hinge as my guys drove down the road and the small ramp swayed back and forth. The piano hing on these trailers is the weak point and it would be hell to replace.

I also removed all the factory mounting hardware for the small ramp and replaced it better hardware and fender washers to help increase the clamping force. I added the aluminum wear strip to the bottom of the small ramp also. I think of things that other would usually never even ponder.
Owner- David

Old 11-17-2012, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We was down in your country last weekend at Salt Lick. That is one good place to eat.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
We was down in your country last weekend at Salt Lick. That is one good place to eat.
I live about ten minutes from the Salt Lick but I've only been there once in 13 years. I like the County Line much better if I'm going to spend the money.

My favorite place to eat a few times a month is La Posada near Westgate & William Canon. Muy Bueno!
Owner- David

Old 12-07-2012, 02:26 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

M3GA-JR Transmission From Suncoast

I knew I would wear out my trans from towing heavy loads eventually and it finally happened last week. While towing I noticed my exhaust brake quit working and my trans light was on. Next I noticed I had lost my 5-6 gears.

I got home OK and decided to limp out to All Star Transmission in Marble Falls and bite the bullet on some Suncoast parts. My 5-6 gears worked after my truck sat for an hour so my trip out wasn't stuck going 45 mph after all.

I'm rebuilding my trans into a Suncoast Mega Jr. trans good for 650RWHP. It's going to have the better Suncoast billet input shaft, converter, and flexplate. The tab will be about $7900.

I can't wait to get it back and be able to run my Smarty in the upper 170 HP setting. With a stock trans an extra 65 HP is as far as you should go. Now I'll be able to put down about 520-550 crank HP and about 900-1000 ft lbs. The RWHP will be around 440 at most and the TQ will be 700+.
Attached Images

Owner- David