Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2013, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Landscaping View Post
On your top dressing, are you marketing that service or including that into your rates, just curious how you are going about that service.
I've been doing the top dressing at about $69 per 1000 sq. ft. this year with an extra $5 per yard factored on for delivery.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 03-24-2013, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Best Deal On Sprayer Parts

I just wanted to make everyone aware that sprayer-outlet.com probably has the best prices on replacement parts you will find and cheap shipping. I use the one and two gallon LESCO/Gilmore Premium sprayers for multiple herbicides and some insecticides.

I usually immediately replace the metal wand with a plastic ones that do not bend and kink easily. I just purchased the part of the spray tank that allows you to pump it up. A new tank can be $35 and I'm sure most people toss them when they quit working but for $14 you can replace the pump and the tank is as good as new again.

They sell multiple brands of sprayers and other parts as well. I wish they sold the Chapin backpack sprayer because that is what we are starting to use. The Solo sprayers are crap now and the tabs on the top of the tank are weak and prone to breakage if you use the tank close to capacity.
Attached Images

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 04-21-2013, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Whip Snake Encounter

My daughter saw this snake under my wife's care at noon today. I didn't know what it was so I was cautious at first. First I checked for rattles and saw none. We caught a Cottonmouth last year at a property near my house and wanted to rule that out since Cottonmouths are a snake worth killing.

It turns out that this was a Whip Snake. That are not poisonous but will try to strike if cornered but not quite as aggressively as a Rat Snake. I tried to get a closer up shot but the snake bit at my camera lens and then took off. The whip snake is very quick an d most of the time it will probably get away before you can catch it.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2013, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You're braver than I, me and snakes don't mix.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-21-2013, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess snakes are on the move. Had a barn cat playing with a rat snake the other day, so I picked it up with some loppers and moved him into a wooded lot next door.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ecolawn Update

For anyone who has ever pondered top dressing here is a link http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=403262 to my Ecolawn feedback from two seasons of use.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Application Flags

I purchased some dry application flags. Here you can water an extra day if you had a professional do your landscape applications. It's a good way to let your customers know you were there as well.

I could only find one company that allowed you to do your flag design online which surprised me.

I don't do any spray application on lawns so I don't need any of the "stay off until dry" type flags.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2013, 02:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Truck Mods

This is my latest truck mod. These are Carli Control Arms and are much stronger then the OEM units. I think one of my OEM units was damaged so it was time to upgrade. It's amazing how expensive these things are.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2013, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
This is my latest truck mod. These are Carli Control Arms and are much stronger then the OEM units. I think one of my OEM units was damaged so it was time to upgrade. It's amazing how expensive these things are.
Nice!! You did get one of the best brands though so that's why it was a pretty penny
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-09-2013, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
They sell multiple brands of sprayers and other parts as well. I wish they sold the Chapin backpack sprayer because that is what we are starting to use. The Solo sprayers are crap now and the tabs on the top of the tank are weak and prone to breakage if you use the tank close to capacity.
I bought one of the Chapin sprayers recently. It's almost exactly the same as the Shindaiwa sprayer but for a 3rd the cost. I haven't actually used it yet but if its as good as the Shindaiwa sprayer its a good sprayer for the cost. I robbed a wand off of the Chapin recently for my Shindawia and it fit perfect, I'd bet they are made in the same factory.
BTW Northern Tool has good prices on them esp. if you have coupon.
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.