Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-08-2011, 07:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

nice work!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ever thought about doing pool installation?

That 65k job sounded profitable... how did it get up that high?
Old 10-08-2011, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Ever thought about doing pool installation?

That 65k job sounded profitable... how did it get up that high?
The property was pretty good sized front and back. There was $10K in landscape lighting alone. It took a month and I probably made $18-20K. Things add up quickly.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
The property was pretty good sized front and back. There was $10K in landscape lighting alone. It took a month and I probably made $18-20K. Things add up quickly.
How many pallets of sod? 70? How many lights? Sounds like a very nice lighting job. Any pics of lighting after dark? Do you do irrigation as well?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Plantscape, What size lift and tires are on yur dually? How high would I have to go to run 35s on factory rims?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2011, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Leveled i would say kk... Maybe a tad more to keep from rubbing but not much.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2011, 02:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

We used big rolls of sod. I had a company called Bare Spot Solutions install about 23K square feet at both bid projects. I had four transformers for lighting and several thousand feet of wire at the house with the close up shot. Later two more transformers were added. There were path lights, tree lights, and architectural lights.

The light count wasn't real high but we covered a large area. There may have been 30 lights. I purchased a tripod for taking night shots but I've been a slacker and haven't used it much. I let one of my friends do the irrigation work. The profit margin on irrigation is too thin for me to want to deal with it. For one year I had a licensed irrigator work for me and I pulled the plug on it.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Hey Plantscape, What size lift and tires are on yur dually? How high would I have to go to run 35s on factory rims?
Posted via Mobile Device
My tires are actually a tad shorter then stock but wider. I have Bridgestone Dueler Revo's. I think they are 265 70R 17's. They are .3 inches shorter then stock but noticeably wider. My wheels are offset by about 2" so I have great clearance between the tires. I have a leveling kit on the front end. The Dodges sit high all the way around so 35's should be a cake walk. Usually places like Discount tire can give you feedback as well.

Now that you have a Dodge you need to join the Cummins Forum. It a great way to BS with other Cummins owners. A subscription to Diesel Power is a must for any truck guy who's ride lacks those pesky spark plugs. You'll find multiple Ford guys in the mag that yanked their 6.0's or 6.4's and dropped in a Cummins 5.9.

Discount Tire will match Tirerack.com prices as well. I got Discount Tire to match a deal from Firestone and I saved $300 on my set of six tires. Fourwheelonline.com had the best wheel prices.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm on CumminsForum. My s/n is Krayzkajun on there also. I have a buddy with. 295/70/17 Superswamper M16s on F350 w/ a 2" spacer in rear. I love the way it looks , but want a lil more height
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-09-2011, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I'm on CumminsForum. My s/n is Krayzkajun on there also. I have a buddy with. 295/70/17 Superswamper M16s on F350 w/ a 2" spacer in rear. I love the way it looks , but want a lil more height
Posted via Mobile Device
Here is a few shots of my truck with the wider but .3" shorter tires I have. If you go taller you need to realize you watering down your overall gear ratio, your mileage is going to go down, your brakes are going to have to work harder, more strain on trans, speedo will be off (can adj. with programmer), and bigger tires do not tow heavy loads as well. If you go from 3.73's to 3.93's or 4.11's to correct for bigger tires your looking at about $1900.

You want to make sure you put E rated tires on your rig. The think I hate about bigger tires is they do not balance well and the ride sucks. I had 275R16 75's BFG AT's on my 02' at one point and it drove me crazy. The balancing machines can't balance bigger tires with TA type treads on them. I used ceramic beads in the tires like some big rigs use to improve the ride but it still was less then stellar.

My truck has the leveling kit in front and PacBrake air bags in the back. The airbags with just 10 lbs. of air probably lift the truck 2".
Attached Images