Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-18-2011, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

front mount leaf loader?

anyone have pics of there leaf loaders mounted on the front of there truck? i want to make a mount for a fisher plow frame what do ya think good or bad idea? and does anyone from Mass know if its legal? thanks
Old 06-18-2011, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman88 View Post
anyone have pics of there leaf loaders mounted on the front of there truck? i want to make a mount for a fisher plow frame what do ya think good or bad idea? and does anyone from Mass know if its legal? thanks
We have one mounted to a plow frame. Check out "new leaf loader pics" and/or "leaf loader pics". You'll have to check with your State DOT guys for regulations, in PA you can have (I think) 36" beyond the front bumper. We have had great luck with our's, its easy to install and remover and there is no off loading every time you dump leaves. It goes on around the first week of October until it snows. Two guys can install and remove it in a matter of a few seconds.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 06-18-2011, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Its actually "some more leaf loader pics". It goes right into a Fisher plow frame.

On our own as of 2003. Proud to be a full time, legitimate company.

Equipment we use:
Ford trucks
Pro Line and GatorMade trailer's
Gravely, Exmark, Honda and Snapper mower's
Echo trimmer's and blower's
LittleWonder equipment
BillyGoat equipment
New Holland and Dresser loader's (snow removal)
Fisher snow plow's
DownEaster and Fisher salt spreader's
TurboTurf fertilizer tank

http://jandblawncare.net
Old 06-19-2011, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Member

thats what i was looking for thanks so much now i just need to find out if its legal here hope it is so i can tow the trailer and not have to remove it everytime i dump
Old 06-19-2011, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i put a front hitch on my truck and put the loader on the swingaway hitch into that. this year i need to do something different because i got rid of the front hitch when i got my plow installed. it works well in front though and i like having it there as opposed to the back of the truck
61'' Scag V-Ride 29 HP Kawi
48" Exmark Lazer Z HP
48'' Bobcat Ransome Mower
21'' Husqvarna Mower
Stihl FS55R Weedwacker
Stihl FS100RX Weedwacker
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl MS180C Chainsaw
Giant Vac Walk Behind Blower
Kawasaki KHT600S Hedge Trimmer
Giant Vac 16HP Leaf Loader
Old 06-19-2011, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Member

yea it would make a nice complete rig i could use one truck for everything instead of towing the trailer with the pickup and following with the dump. im planning on buying a leaf loader soon (used a 8hp trac vac for one last year) i want a 16hp at least this year with the new dump. should be able to haul a good amount with the 3500hd with 10' body
Old 06-29-2011, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny you guys speak of this...
I use my 1990 Dodge ram 1500 has 300,000 Miles (bought for 2500 7 years ago!!) With a huge leaf box on it. Squats like a MOFO! And we just use it to pull my mini BG leaf loader with it... That follows my Dump truck and Mowing trailer All day...
Old 06-29-2011, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
Funny you guys speak of this...
I use my 1990 Dodge ram 1500 has 300,000 Miles (bought for 2500 7 years ago!!) With a huge leaf box on it. Squats like a MOFO! And we just use it to pull my mini BG leaf loader with it... That follows my Dump truck and Mowing trailer All day...
thats how i have been doing it but the dump had the leaf box and the pickup towed the trailer i want to only use one truck this year for everything. i think it would be more profitable not haveing to fuel up both truck
Old 06-29-2011, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Im not sure about it being legal or not. I know we actually have a law not allowing plows on trucks from 5/1 - 10/31 (I believe those are the dates). I'm not sure if that is more because of the plow blocking the stock headlights & turnsignals or if its beause It sticks out past the bumper.

But come to think of it, I have seen the pump trucks that pump the debris out of the storm drains. I have seen some that have a booster pump mounted on the front bumper and a 8" tube that goes up verically from the front bumper to tank in the back
Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
Im not sure about it being legal or not. I know we actually have a law not allowing plows on trucks from 5/1 - 10/31 (I believe those are the dates). I'm not sure if that is more because of the plow blocking the stock headlights & turnsignals or if its beause It sticks out past the bumper.

But come to think of it, I have seen the pump trucks that pump the debris out of the storm drains. I have seen some that have a booster pump mounted on the front bumper and a 8" tube that goes up verically from the front bumper to tank in the back
i never heard about that law thanks for letting me know! i have seen people with them mounted on the front hear but that doesnt mean they didnt get pulled over after i saw them hahaha. but now that u say that i have seen the pump trucks. My dad has some freinds that are cops im going to have him ask if its legal some time this week hopefully