Register free!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn king View Post
You could sub out the big jobs. A 78k aeration is tractor/aerator work for sure! I do a 15 acre residential every fall, i charge 2 thousand dollars for it, lawn site members in other areas tell me they could never get that price?

2k for 15 acres is a great price for the homeowner. How many plugs per sq. ft. do you get with your machine though?

25 years old 7 years in business ownership
Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We are able to get $200 plus for 10,000 sq ft, acre is at least $450 and easily more.

I am in one the most lucrative parts of the 50 states, so we are able to make very good money with aeration.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The next large purchase I am going to make will be the Lawn Soultions ride-on. I have a pull behind if you are interested.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslawncare View Post
$60 for the first 5,000 sq. ft. and $8 per additional 1,000 sq. ft. will make you profit if you own the machine.
The guy I use must use your formula. I pay $75 for 6,500K at my house.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I should have asked earlier. Do your prices take into account the possibility of repairs to irrigation systems caused by damage done while aerating?

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 06-28-2011, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I should have asked earlier. Do your prices take into account the possibility of repairs to irrigation systems caused by damage done while aerating?
I would include a waiver for any damage as it could add up quick with a system that had lines installed shallow. Be sure to include time to mark heads or have an understanding that heads must be marked before hand. It could take a long time to mark them if you do not have a remote control.

Would you be interested in the tow behind? It is made by trac vac, 48" wide.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I would include a waiver for any damage as it could add up quick with a system that had lines installed shallow. Be sure to include time to mark heads or have an understanding that heads must be marked before hand. It could take a long time to mark them if you do not have a remote control.

Would you be interested in the tow behind? It is made by trac vac, 48" wide.
I appreciate the offer but my first priority is to get a self propelled model and like I said earlier, I'm leaning toward the LawnSolutions 24 inch model. I've done a lot of research/searches on here and other places online to get information on the best quality/best price tow behind aerator. I also would like a 36 inch model so I can cover more ground but still be able to fit through most gates. The pro-aire seems to be what I am looking for when it comes time to get a tow behind.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

we have a few different things as far as damage waivers and prevention. We will mark the heads for the customer at our normal irrigation service rate of $125-150 per man hour. We run a remote, so that lets us get speed up the process. By us marking the heads we are taking responsibility that we wont hit one. Any damage caused beyond our control will be repaired by us at our service rate with our normal markup aswel. Often people will mark the heads themselves which is no problem, but more time than not they usually miss a head or two, especially when they have spray heads in the edge of the lawn that are for a plant bed zone. A damage waiver is crucial as it is not uncomon to find a pice of pipe that is barely 1" deep because it had to go over an obstacle.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

So...it sounds like a liabilty waiver is a very important thing to have when offering this service. I'm glad I asked. I'd like to know what this "remote" unit to control the irrigation system is. Is it something I can purchase at an irrigation supplier? Does it work with most irrigation systems? Sorry for my ignorance on this subject but I really know very little about most irrigation systems other than adjusting heads occasionally.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslawncare View Post
2k for 15 acres is a great price for the homeowner. How many plugs per sq. ft. do you get with your machine though?
I use a woods pl72 (3 point hitch) unit on big jobs. I will have to look up the specs, cant remember how many plugs per foot off the top of my head. She pulls 3-4" plugs with 1000 lbs of weight on the aerator!