Register free!

Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have spoken with two dealers who had no clue that Toro had bought LS. One did not even know what LS was. I still have no answer when or where I can get one. I have never had to try so hard to spend $8500. I would normally say screw it but I really dont think there is another aerator that can compete with it.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I"m in the same boat. Ordered a LS ride on in late June and now was told I may or may not have it in time for fall aerations. Well I am not willing to take that chance. Spoke to two large Toro dealers in the area and nobody has any answers yet. As a satisfied owner of a Z-spray I now know the direction I"m heading. Like many others on here I can not say enough about the customer service at LT Rich. Spoke with them the other day and they are currently working on their 36" aerator assembly to make it pull more plugs. Im not going to rant but am very dissapointed how LS handled this and sure I"m not alone. After taking everything into consideration I know I have made the right decision.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lawns llc View Post
I"m in the same boat. Ordered a LS ride on in late June and now was told I may or may not have it in time for fall aerations. Well I am not willing to take that chance. Spoke to two large Toro dealers in the area and nobody has any answers yet. As a satisfied owner of a Z-spray I now know the direction I"m heading. Like many others on here I can not say enough about the customer service at LT Rich. Spoke with them the other day and they are currently working on their 36" aerator assembly to make it pull more plugs. Im not going to rant but am very dissapointed how LS handled this and sure I"m not alone. After taking everything into consideration I know I have made the right decision.
Very frustrating to say the least. Sad thing is the ride on was probably the most nimble, productive machine and likely pulled the deepest and most plugs per sq ft. Think lt rich improved design will be announced by lt on this site? Less plugs is one downside I also think the lt unit doesn't look as nimble and may be tougher to operate on small properties compared to the ls. Thinking it would need a smaller walk behind to compliment it. Any thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-12-2011, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

After speaking with them I suggested they do post that info if the new assembly works out. You can rest assured they will only produce it if it works. I agree that the LS had it beat in some areas. I was willing to spend $8500 for the one show pony. That has since changed though. The LT Rich machine has additional options plus I already own a Z-spray. I am thinking I may have to get a smaller wb unit but was planning on doing that anyway. Maybe a Turfco? It is totally unacceptable that we are being left in the dark. The LS unit may have had the edge in aerating but there are many other factors to consider.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Very frustrating to say the least. Sad thing is the ride on was probably the most nimble, productive machine and likely pulled the deepest and most plugs per sq ft. Think lt rich improved design will be announced by lt on this site? Less plugs is one downside I also think the lt unit doesn't look as nimble and may be tougher to operate on small properties compared to the ls. Thinking it would need a smaller walk behind to compliment it. Any thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device
Plug pattern on LS. stand on is the same spacing as the 21 WB which I own which frankly not a very dense pattern. My plugr 850 pulls 75% more plugs in a single pass compared to the LS pattern. The LS dually is even more sparse but aeration path is the same as the stander. I've researched and gathered data on ALL the WB aerators and have been able to confirm patterns and nothing compares in plug count with the Plugr 800, 850 and 855. Also the Ryan 28 reciprocating unit pulls and extra half plug per square foot over the plugr 8xx.

Will the LS stander or even the WB with enough weight on it pull deeper plugs than a plugr 8xx or Ryan 28? Yes in the right conditions.

I've had several complaints about showing up with the LS units when then prior visit I had used my plugr 850. One instance was even 2 years later.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2011, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Member

maybe SourceOne (Plugr)should get into the ride on business!!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyaz33 View Post
maybe SourceOne (Plugr)should get into the ride on business!!
The older walker perferator attachment pulled the same pattern as does the tow behind pl1600 however I'm not sure if the plugs are as deep in real world use when you let air out of the back tires and back off the plugr tine to 3 to 4 full turns on with my 850. The reciprocating units are hardly fun in rocky soil. That is why a ride on or over the unit would be impractical.

2 passes are need with the LS dually WB....if my.memory is correct... to match or equal a single pass with my plugr 850.

I may end up selling my LS 21 WB....will decide after fall marketing campaign.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; 07-13-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Plug pattern on LS. stand on is the same spacing as the 21 WB which I own which frankly not a very dense pattern. My plugr 850 pulls 75% more plugs in a single pass compared to the LS pattern. The LS dually is even more sparse but aeration path is the same as the stander. I've researched and gathered data on ALL the WB aerators and have been able to confirm patterns and nothing compares in plug count with the Plugr 800, 850 and 855. Also the Ryan 28 reciprocating unit pulls and extra half plug per square foot over the plugr 8xx.

Will the LS stander or even the WB with enough weight on it pull deeper plugs than a plugr 8xx or Ryan 28? Yes in the right conditions.

I've had several complaints about showing up with the LS units when then prior visit I had used my plugr 850. One instance was even 2 years later.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was talking mostly about the productivity and plug qualitiy of the ride on unit not the walk behinds
Old 07-13-2011, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I rent a LT Rich for a couple of days every fall for my larger yards and my hoa's. They do a decent job but I would never buy one. They are terrible on hills and when turning. I have not tried the new one with two wheels in the front but I'm sure the price is 10k or more and they take alot space up on a trailer.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonts Landscaping View Post
I rent a LT Rich for a couple of days every fall for my larger yards and my hoa's. They do a decent job but I would never buy one. They are terrible on hills and when turning. I have not tried the new one with two wheels in the front but I'm sure the price is 10k or more and they take alot space up on a trailer.
Old machine is nothing like the new one, tines have down pressure. Much more stable with the 4 wheels. I would imagine if your renting the machine from a rental store, I could only imagine when the last time they put on new tines. The 10K price depends what options you purchase.