Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-28-2011, 03:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Rainy Season

Well, I guess the rainy season has started, at least for my area in the south west ! I had to quit early, around 1pm the last two days cuz of the rain. Some of my clients yards are growing like crazy, and a few are still bone dry. Last week I had hit and miss rain, but last two days, its been all around, so time to keep them blades sharp cuz the bahia is growing fast. I was at a clients yard this morning and I must of been cutting 6 inches off, at 3.5 inch deck height. wow! I guess my rain dances are working..haha!...How's everybody else doing.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Bill. We had good rain over the weekend and looks like more this week. I truly prefer it to the bone dry hot drought we had until now. After 3 months we are in the clear anyways so I don't mind it too much.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2011, 04:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bill, I am a little south of you, we experienced about the same conditions here. After only a couple days of rain, I am wishing for dryer conditions LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yo Guys

While we sure can use the Rain. It is coming out of the South instead of our normal rain pattern from the N W. Last several days our Rain storms are in fact coming much earlier in the day than our traditional Rainy Season. Also not that I am complaining we are getting a lot more rain per day than normal.

I am just as hopeful for a good Rainy Season but the days when you could set your watch by the rain are over.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Yo Guys

While we sure can use the Rain. It is coming out of the South instead of our normal rain pattern from the N W. Last several days our Rain storms are in fact coming much earlier in the day than our traditional Rainy Season. Also not that I am complaining we are getting a lot more rain per day than normal.

I am just as hopeful for a good Rainy Season but the days when you could set your watch by the rain are over.
I agree with you on the clock. I remember a few years ago when it would rain everyday around 3-4 pm. Not anymore. I remember when I traveled to Ecuador 4 years ago, you could def set your watch to the rain. Oh well, at least no more drought.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2011, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very odd June, never recall the first half of the month so dry and now large areas of rain almost constantly drifting up from the South. Pond on my property has never been dry at this time of year since it was dug in 1987, but it is right now even with the rain of the last few days.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just read a article in the hearld tribune that the moisture is coming from that tropical disturbance in the far southwestern Gulf of Mexico. Well needed rain for sure.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billslawn89 View Post
I just read a article in the hearld tribune that the moisture is coming from that tropical disturbance in the far southwestern Gulf of Mexico. Well needed rain for sure.
Bill

Traditionally not only our Hurricanes but our No Name Storms have come out of the S W. ComCast weather channel does a fairly good job of reporting the Weather and I relay on them when I am home and on wunderground.com on my computer in my Spray trucks.

This rain is really messing up my work schedule.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

More rain very early this AM and more this afternoon. 80% tomm and 50% on Friday. Was able to work through it today. I dont mind it one bit, all my yards are looking great!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-29-2011, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Me neither. I've done a bunch of summer color installs the past 2 seeks. I sleep better not wondering if the customers are watering enough.
Posted via Mobile Device