Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quality Sod in Orlando?

Hey guys, we have got a small sod job that i have scheduled for Friday in the Altamonte Springs. Who is a good St. Augustine supplier in that area? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCL Services View Post
Hey guys, we have got a small sod job that i have scheduled for Friday in the Altamonte Springs. Who is a good St. Augustine supplier in that area? Thanks for the help.
Not sure about Altamonte directly, the company I used to buy from there was actually a farm trying a outlet. I can tell you that most of dealers down there are hit and miss. My suggestion is to call Sod King in Oviedo and ask what his quality looks like, he will be honest....Tony's Sod in Oviedo is hit and miss, but you may give them a try.
If you get in a real bind hit me up here with a PM and I will see what my guys can do for you. How much do you need?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Lake Jem has really good sod 400 or 500 sqft pallets. I get mine from Whisper winds in Ocoee.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
Lake Jem has really good sod 400 or 500 sqft pallets. I get mine from Whisper winds in Ocoee.
Whisper winds has a good price....the quality has been suspect at times....and it is sand based so got to account for that in labor.

Unknown - have you seen the new subdivsion going in right outside Keene's Point - that area is just booming - good for us that service that area I would guess, not sure what the price points are but would guess they will not be cheap.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

a1a quality sod in longwood
Old 06-29-2011, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

/aq/+-r *
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMo View Post
a1a quality sod in longwood
Are they still charging a premium for it ProMo? The times I have been up there the SA has looked very nice but they were very proud of it.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Whisper winds has a good price....the quality has been suspect at times....and it is sand based so got to account for that in labor.

Unknown - have you seen the new subdivsion going in right outside Keene's Point - that area is just booming - good for us that service that area I would guess, not sure what the price points are but would guess they will not be cheap.
I only use sand base sod. I've tried muck base its ok and its light so you can carry a lot but it just doesn't seem to do as good on sandy lawns over here. The muck washes off the roots and then it seems to have a hard time adjusting.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
I only use sand base sod. I've tried muck base its ok and its light so you can carry a lot but it just doesn't seem to do as good on sandy lawns over here. The muck washes off the roots and then it seems to have a hard time adjusting.
Thats what happens when you water it 2-3 inches a day.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMo View Post
Thats what happens when you water it 2-3 inches a day.
It's ok I'm not worried about it. My sand base sod looks better than all those muck base sods getting watered one inch a day when it hasn't rained in I don't know three months with a heat index of 105.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Sod company that you can use for your job

There are two companies that do a pretty good job in the Orlando area has it relates to sod or supplying sod. Look into Earthscape or Palm City Sod. They are good companies and do a good job.